𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖊𝖓

Backstage: Paige's POV

Lita: Don't you understand? This is her first cheer competition ever and she wants her mom here for support, but I can't let her know I'm here if you don't let me backstage.
Security Guard: Ma'am, we've paged your daughter and she should be here any minute.

Dean and I got backstage, followed behind by Renee and Alicia.

Paige: Mom?
Lita: Baby! Oh, I am so excited to be here. I hope no one mistakes me for a wildcat.
Paige: What are you doing here? How did you find out about this?
Lita: Sasha invited me.

    That bitch....

and I even see here peeking around the corner with that little smug smile on her face

Lita: But she's got me sitting in the stands and I really think that I should be backstage with you. So would you let this lady here know that it's ok to let me through?

Renee: *walks in* Is there a problem?
Paige: No problem. Mom, you cannot be here.
Lita: Why is Dean here?

Dean: um...I'm-I'm dating this cheerleader here. *puts arm around Renee's shoulders* Baby, you look fine tonight.
Renee: *gulps*

Ok i had enough, I'm taking her out of here now.

Paige: Ok, you're leaving.
Lita: I just got here! Now! Come on! *leaves with mom*

Renee's POV

this guy right now is in my personal space. we are tots not dating. what is his problem.

Renee: Why did you say we were dating?
Dean: I was just taking the heat off Paige. It was a joke.
Renee: Oh. I sometimes miss those. Anyway, you're Dean, right? I'm Renee Young.
Dean: Yeah, charmed.
Renee: I'm short on time, so please keep your answers concise. You know Paige better than I do, how much trouble are we in?

Dean: There was a scene back in high school. Her mom showed up at a gymnastics event drunk—
Renee: And vomited on her. Yes, yes, I know all that.
Dean: So you also know what Lita did the night before Paige took her SAT's and what happened at her high school graduation and her 21st birthday

Renee: Ok, in 20 minutes we're putting Paige out in front of a crowd. What can I do to help her?
Dean: Get rid of mom. Paige's one of the most capable people I've ever met. You help get her head cleared, she'll come through.

Renee: Positive attitude. I like the way you think. Good talk. *leaves*

Outside of the building: Paige's POV

I can't believe Sasha did this. Of course she had the fucking nerve to do this shit. I have so much on my mind right now. First thing is to get my mother away from the competition.

Lita: I just don't understand, Paige, why I can't stay. I love you and I am so proud of you. And Paige. Paige! I wouldn't miss one of your events for the whole wide world. Look at that eyeliner. *licks finger* You look like a truck stop trannie. *swipe Paige's face*

Paige: Mom! This is the first time I've competed in anything since I quit gymnastics and my entire future is on the line. Look, I can't focus on me when I have to deal with things like being paged over the loudspeaker to come manage you.

Lita: I never asked you to manage me.

Renee: *walks in* She loves you but you have to go. My name is Renee Young, by the way. *shake Lita's hand* Truly a pleasure to meet you. Let's walk this way. *walks away with Lita*

Thank you Renee, my hero.

Competition

Announcer: All right, Tennessee.
Put your hands together for the Nashville Lincoln Christian University Ravens.

Renee: *walks in* I walked your mom to her car.
Alicia: Ok. Now you can put your focus where it belongs beating memphis christian.

Roman: *taps Sasha's shoulder* Did you do this on purpose?
Sasha: If she's this easy to rattle, she is not cut out to handle the pressures of being a flyer.

Roman: You know you're not just messing with Paige, right? All of our scholarships are on the line here, Sasha.
Sasha: Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Roman: You know what? I realize it's not that big of a deal to you. You know, daddy will just step right in and pay a little tuition or whatever. But it's not like that for me. For most of us.
Sasha: Don't play the spoiled rich girl card. I am allowed to be angry. I was in line to be captain before perfect little Renee transferred in. Now I'm hurt and everyone is falling all over themselves helping Paige to take my place.

Roman: No, no, no, no. I don't fall all over myself for anybody.
Sasha: You fell for me once. *winks*

Paige's POV

NLCU Ravens are killing it. Sadly, enough I'm saying that. Thank god Renee help and escorted my mom out the building. Knowing if she was here, I've would've been even less focus than I am now.

The Ravens looks like they're ending their performance. They end off with the captain on top of the pyramid. I can't believe I'm saying this but that's the most beautiful pyramid I've seen.

Man, Dean would've slap me on the head for saying that.

All the sudden, some of the teammates was getting balanced, causing the girl on top fall to the ground and the impact knocked her out cold.

Renee: Carmella! *runs over* Is she ok? Carmella. Is she ok?

That doesn't look pretty.

10 minutes later: Outside of Building

Renee: *following paramedics; to Carmella* You're going to be fine. I promise.
Alicia: You should go with her.
Renee: But if I'm not here, the Wildcats forfeit.
Alicia: I'll deal with it. Just go. Be with your sister.

Wait... sisters?

Paige: They're sisters?
Alicia: You're not the only one with a complicated family.

𝔲𝔫𝔡𝔦𝔰𝔭𝔲𝔱𝔢𝔡