𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙

Cheertown: Paige's POV

Practice was fun and rough. I have so much pain and a big ass bruise on my shoulder. Renee helps me ice it but this shit is cold.

Paige: Ok, that's cold...Cold. Cold Wow, really cold.
Renee: Ok, ice is your friend. It loosens muscles. Stop being a baby.
Paige: Hey, the only part of my body that isn't sore is my left hand.

Renee: What happened to you, anyway?
Paige: What do you mean?
Renee: Well, you've obviously trained. A lot. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to keep up.

Paige: I was a gymnast up until high school.
Renee: So why'd you stop?
Paige: Well Um, it's a long story. Uh, senior year we made state. My mom was there to cheer me on. She brought a date, and they'd been drinking. She was screaming and hooting and hollering. Everybody was looking and wondering who the white trash freak was. I just kept praying that nobody would connect her to me.

Renee: What happened?
Paige: I missed a jump and fell on my ass. Mom's an emotional drunk, right, so she comes lurching out of the stand in tears mom's an emotional to make sure I'm ok. Everybody's looking, all the gymnasts are laughing. And, And then she puked on me.

Renee: Shut up.
Paige: No, I couldn't make that up if I tried.
Renee: So you never went back?
Paige: Well, um I kept at it for a month of so, but I couldn't get her to stop coming to meets. Every time I'd step up to those bars, I'd feel her soul-sucking presence, get wigged out, and blow the routine.
Renee: We call that getting mental.
Paige: Yeah, I finally stopped trying. It wasn't worth it.

Renee: *curious* You didn't invite your mother to qualifiers, did you?
Paige: God no. What?
Renee: Ok. Just checking. *giggles* We can't afford a disaster. Um, your boyfriend's welcome, of course.

Paige: *chokes on drink* Boyfriend? Renee: The hot townie guy in the leather jacket I saw you in the bleachers with.
Paige: What, Dean? Oh, no, no, no, no. We're just buds.

Renee: I'm sure Roman will be glad to hear that.
Paige: Roman?
Renee: Well, he asked Alicia if he could make you his permanent flyer.

Paige: That's great, but what about Sasha? I mean, weren't they like a thing?
Renee: The squad comes first. We're fighting for out lives. If we don't place at nationals, the university's pulling the plug on us. We'll lose our scholarships.

Wait what?!? Our scholarships!

Renee: Sasha understands that.
Paige: So no getting mental.
Renee: Yes.

We both smiled and i saw Renee smile decreases. I wonder what she was looking at as i turned around seeing Sasha in front of our door. Aw, shit.

Paige: *smooth* Hey, you.
Sasha: Can I borrow a pen?
Renee: Oh, of course. Blue or black ink? I also have markers.

Sasha: *grabs blue pen* Great. I appreciate it. *leaves*
Renee: Bye.

I hope she didn't heard anything.

Downtown Pub: Sasha's POV

Oh...don't mind me. I'm not scheming. Well, not right now.

Sasha: Do you mind if I take this table?
Lita: Oh, anything for a hellcat.

Sasha: Oh, my gosh. You're Paige's mom.
Lita: Well, yeah. How did you know?
Sasha: The resemblance is uncanny. I would have guessed older sister.
Lita: oh, stop.
Sasha: Paige's been talking about you so much, so I feel like I know you. You must be really excited about seeing Paige at qualifiers this Saturday.

Lita: Wh what are qualifiers?
Sasha: Paige's debut. You're going, right?
Lita: You know, she always yells at me when go to those things. She can be such a diva. Every little thing has to be just so.

Sasha: I know. But she doesn't mean anything by it. Last night she was going on and on about how you've been this huge inspiration in her life.

Lita: Really?
Sasha: She's a mama's girl at heart.
Lita: You know, it would be fun to surprise her.

Sasha: It really would. You have no idea. Let me write down the information for you.
Lita: You got a pen?
Sasha: oh, you bet i do...

Like what said Paige....In my experience, when you're done with the band-aid, you rip it off and throw it away.

𝔲𝔫𝔡𝔦𝔰𝔭𝔲𝔱𝔢𝔡