Chapter 4: the one with the after.

It was a mixture of happiness and uncertainty. Happiness because his daughter in law decided to come back. His teacher. Uncertainty because he couldn't read her. Uncertainty because she had now become unpredictable. Uncertain because the power she held over his secrets. If they were out. It would shatter their family. Uncertain because her eyes spoke of 2 things.
She was here for justice.
Her justice was revenge.
She had made a deal with the devil.

He couldn't do anything. He could finish off the matter easily. But if he did he lose the secret she held onto so dearly.

He wanted to feel sorry for sheikha. He was in no power now. He for the first time was....helpless.

He knew she didn't love him. he saw right through her. but she cared. and in this family caring for another was rare and so he felt she was the right one for him. for now.

they had gathered after the speech inside their family room in the Zabeel palace. everyone were quiet. the only conversation that went in the room was that between Mohammed and his son.

"Why did you lie to me about her?", Hamdan asked sternly.

"I had my reasons...", he replied with an air of defiance while catching Aairah's eyes. Who just smirked at him and turned smiling towards the ladies.

"Do you even know what I went through?! Nowadays you don't even...care!", Hamdan hesitated but his shock and disappointment was beyond.

It did sting Mohammed a bit. But it wasn't his son's words. It was his deceased son's words. Just before he died. 'I'm sorry Rashid. It was the right thing to do. '

Hamdan previously had spoken to his dear uncle Saeed and apologised to him for this sudden debacle regarding Aairah's sudden entry.

Hamdan walked towards the empty side of the sofa next to Aairah and sat down. She was busy talking to Maryam, Shamsa and Hind. Shamsa kept rubbing Aairah's face gently, as fresh tears streamed down her face. "Oh aairah. you are back. we missed you so much! where have you been? how...how have you been? i just...i just..."

"oh come on sunshine... im fine now am i not? im here now and you dont have to cry.",she hugged her gently.

Hind was teary eyed. she was glad but in her heart she was a little worried and embarrassed as to what she would say to Sheikha.

as if on cue the doors barged open and in walked Sheikha who was furious. "WHAT JUST...", she was interrupted by Aairah who rushed over to her and hugged her, "oh my god Sheikha its so good to see you!" she broke the hug "wow you look great", and hugged her again. sheikha was dumbfounded as to what just happened. "oh my god this is so great..." and suddenly she dropped into a whisper " if you have an ounce of self respect...you will stay away from my husband and from my family...got that.", she threatened and broke the hug giving her an evil smirk soon replaced into a genuine smile as she faced everyone."

"im feeling a bit out of weather. i would like to take rest.", she stated.
Mohammed nodded and Hamdan smiled at his wife with an even more longing that no longer seem to affect her anymore she thought.

But it is just the matter of time. Maybe just Maybe the wall she built will crack. "Thank you all for your kindness... I just wanted to say thus before I leave....The dreaded storm will come... The lone wolf dies but the pack survives....hahaha I was just making a joke its a reference from mine and Hamdan's favourite tv show. Ill see you soon at home hun. Ma'assalamah.", she smiled sweetly and left with her guards.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Uncle Mohammed! What are you going to do.!? You said I and Hamdan will finally get engaged to be married. And now this woman who is an outsider comes back into the picture!", she almost spoke loud. Anger seething through her veins.