chapter 27: some happy some embarrassing ones

Why?! How could she?! How dare she!!

These angered accusations were the first thought that came to Maryam when she saw the woman who broke the heart of the man who stood next to her, Khaled. The man she began to adore and respect despite the accusations of being a terrible husband, despite the uncertainty of his temperament, despite his cold very cold attitude towards her. All in the faith of what Aairah told her. She was going to make Khaled see the loving, kind and respectful side of her and not just the childish spoilt princess side of her.

She would be by his side when he was down. Even if the marriage was arranged to maintain the power of the ruling family. She hoped to change his heart to love again. Only because of his kindness no one seemed to acknowledge.

She knew he hated her immaturity and she blames it partly on her upbringing and partly on herself. But what Aairah said that day stuck to her...what aairah saw in her not many ade an effort to see. And she will forever be grateful to her and love her regardless of her actions.

She saw herself in Khaled. A little broken, a little snobbish and mostly misunderstood. She would not fix him. She would just make him fight for himself... she would be his best friend.

She quickly shifted her sour expression and plastered her fake smile. While gently holding Khaled's hand as he looked at her in astonishment. His mind diverted off the hateful woman in front of him Trying to pry his hand off the woman who was his betrothed. What shocked him was to see her practiced smile change to a genuine one that showed support and something he couldnt point. Involuntarily making him smile.

Wahida's smiled faded to a slightly bitter one. To see the man she hurt and left behind for another be happy than her now miserable self.

Hamdan paled at the sight of the man did best to avoid. That he buried this sordid, dirty and scandalous past behind. The man still held that sinister and smug smile he failed to recognize before when he was young and had a strong passionate rendezvous with him.

Aairah saw the man and the woman for what they truly were. Power hungry...like all. Aairah had been on a hunt for that man since his name sabrina discovered in the list. she found it familiar as she did the regular background check and dug deeper and deeper. Mansour...the victorius one. he always got what he wanted. he was powerful now, he knew his way with words and Aairah as much as she hated to admit it she genuinely respected his calculative ways and how he outsmarted her in so many ways from the past few months.

"aah Aairah so happy to meet you after weeks, you still owe me the last match!", he exclaimed laughingly.

'match?' hamdan thought to himself. he was obviously confused.

aairah noticing the slight discomfort as his smiling lips were tightened. "oh honey, Wahida is the resident at al qasimiya hospital and one of the days i met Mansour and weird enough we bonded over playing chess. yeah strange i know. it was later i came to know that he is a close friend of yours. you never told me about him!", she exclaimed the last bit. clearly seeing the uncomfortable shift of his legs.

"aah dont berate him Aairah... he got busy...i was dissappointed... but soon found out he was pursuing you. Now now i was happy to be ignore since he landed you." he jokingly nudged hamdan.

"oh dont mind my fiance , he talks too much.", wahida giggled as she smacked her fiance's arm.

as the rest the party greeted each other and headed towards the family room. hamdan pulled Aairah aside as the doors of the family room closed, closing in on the cheers and yells of welcome at the old but new guests.

hamdan stared intently at her and aairah could never stare back at him she immediately blushed not only in shyness but also at the impending accusation she was to face.