CHAPTER 6: SMOKE AND MIRRORS

Hey yo, all. I don't know how to write chapter names anymore. so I will just put some random words that sound decent and immerse its essence into the story or just chapter numbers...does that make sense. it didn't to me. nevertheless, I'm just lost in thoughts. so you know bye now Aairah has enemies so does the family. what these enemies don't know she has allies too in those people with the least power. and you also know by now that she is very resourceful. so she finds hope in hopeless things...sounds sweet right. but not really coz she is an opportunist as well. and she doesn't care about how people perceive her or how she feels for them anymore....so that's the gist of what is to happen in this chapter...coz ladies get ready with Aairah and her gang to burn the witches down.

Smoke and Mirrors

as per urban dictionary:

Something/Someone that deceives or distorts the truth.

Oh just found out I didn't created these words...haha

Tension built around Aairah's presence. Not with Hamdan. They weren't strangers anymore but they barely had conversation other than hey. Morning. Good night. Yeah. No. A polite civil smile here and there.

Hamdan watched her back rise an fall from the breathing as she slept. He ached to hold her while going to sleep. He ached to hug her after the day at work or doing his crazy stunts . He ached to kiss her while they rode their horses. He ached to kiss heher softly or senselessly. He ached for her like he did for 6 years. There was no difference between them. He felt alone then and he felt even more lonelier now with her being present. He tried his best to make a conversation. She evaded him as if he was bubonic plague. He would get hurt everytime she ignored or dismissed him subtly. She wasnt rash or rude with him. That was what he wanted... some sort of response. Her indifference would hurt him. But that was the price he had to pay to not give up on her, to keep her around. Even if it meant agreeing to her conditions which she warned him about that he will get hurt.

Wide awake Aairah lay. Her thoughts were clouded by how the day would be eventful tomorrow. Avery and Sabrina. How rudely she had dismissed Sabrina in front of everyone. Like she didn't care for her...Like she didn't care for Avery. This put everyone in shock, and assurance to her enemies that Aairah was fighting this battle against them alone. But after a tearful Sabrina and a very persuasive talk by Hamdan she finally agreed to do the deed the trio had promised long long time ago.

She knew he too was awake and didn't have the guts to turn to her sleeping position. She had to face him for it. There was a time where she loved him selflessly and in her heart only love existed for him. Aairah no doubt still loved him. But her heart wasn't just filled with love for him anymore. There was at some level anger and disappointment. There were some emotions she didn't know how to convey. They were strong maybe more than her love for him. She couldn't figure it out, but he did the moment she stepped back into his life. Some time passed and Aairah felt her kids heavy. Letting sleep consume her, before she shut the world out. She felt the familiar yet strange pressure of warm lips on her temple involuntarily bringing a soft smile on her lips as she fell deep into slumber.
.
.
.
.
Sabrina drove through the traffic and was off the city. Aairah stared out the window. As much as sabrina wanted to talk. She couldn't, they were being watched. Even though the two were
Alone, Sabrina knew they were bein watched the moment she got into the royal vehicle. Aairah was curious as to why Sabrina didn't break the ice. And just as she thought of it.

"So how is it being back in dubai?", Sabrina broke the silence.

"Good...strange As well.", she replied without really looking at her.

Another 30 minutes passed and Sabrina was getting agitated as to how stubborn and indifferent Aairah was being. They were closer to their destination and in that small time span of doing the deed and getting back to the vehicle she had to pass her the message.