Chapter 10

Spencer's POV

It was going great! Yesterday she fell right asleep so we didn't do much last night after we left Toby's. But today we were having so much fun together all day. We played all her favorite games and we went to the park. I made her dinner and gave her a bath. I was very pleased with how I was doing. It felt very natural, it never felt forced. Once we both got in our Pajama's I put in that DVD Toby gave me. We watched it in my bed together. I was very surprised to see it was our wedding video. Hayden had all the words memorized in our vows and she pointed out all her favorite parts. "Look there's me!" She pointed at the screen.

"Where?" I scanned the screen. She was born before we were married?

"In your tummy," she gave me a look like I should've already known that.

"Oh, right," I pretended I knew that. I didn't look pregnant, so I wanted to find out that whole story.

I waited until she fell asleep to call Toby. The phone rang a couple times before he picked up. "I've been waiting for you," he answered.

I laughed, "How was your day?" I asked.

"I missed you two," he sighed. "How was yours?"

"Good, she had a lot of fun and so did I," I said sitting down on the couch.

"I wish I could've been there," he sounded sad.

"Hey, so... How long ago did we get married?" I asked.

"A little over five years ago, why?" He asked.

"We were watching our wedding video and Hayden pointed out that she was in my tummy that day. Was I pregnant then?"

He chuckled to himself, "Yes."

"Really? So was it like a shot gun wedding?" I frowned.

"No. I proposed to you a year before the wedding. We found you were pregnant like a week before the wedding. Why do you ask?" he wondered.

"I just want to know," I shrugged. "So what was my reaction?"

"You... freaked out," I could hear him smiling into the phone. "That's the real reason your parents hated me. You took off the last semester when Hayden was born, but you finished up the next fall."

"That makes more sense now," I nodded. "I knew I wouldn't take time off school for no reason. And I see why my parents hated you now. You got me knocked up!"

"Hey!" he defended himself. "We were married!"

"Technically we weren't yet," I corrected.

"Your parents don't know that," he laughed.

"You are so bad!" I scolded him.

"It was your idea to lie to your parents!" He corrected me.

I suddenly frowned. "So they never cared about Hayden?"

"They pretty much disowned you when you told them," he sighed. "They never met her."

"They are horrible people," I shook my head. "I'll make sure they never see her."

"I feel bad," he sighed. "I feel like I'm the reason you never had a good relationship with your parents."

"Well unless you were around when I was born, it wasn't your fault. We've never been on good terms," I assured him.

"I don't know if I can wait five more days to see you," he complained.

"I agree," I bit my lip. "I miss you so much."