Chapter 18

Spencer is 3 months pregnant

Toby's POV

"Hey daddy?" Hayden sat down next to me on the couch.

"Hey what?" I smiled at her.

"When's mommy coming home?" She asked for the tenth time that day.

"I told you she comes home around five thirty," I reminded her.

"What time is it?" she scooted closer to me.

I looked at my watch. "Five," I put my arm around her. I was just as anxious as Hayden. I hated having Saturdays be the only day we both are home. "Do you want to help me make dinner?"

She nodded her head. She looked bored out of her mind.

"What should we make?" I scooped her up onto my shoulders.

She giggled, loving the feeling of being up so high. "Cake!"

"We are not having cake for dinner," I rolled my eyes. "Grab the spaghetti for me up in that cupboard."

She grabbed them handing them down to me. "This is fun!" She laughed. "I hope I'm this tall when I get bigger!"

I laughed, "Probably not this tall."

"I can see everything from up here!" She used my hair as handles to keep her steady.

"Whoa! How's the view from up there?" Spencer laughed, making her way into the kitchen.

"Pretty awesome!" Hayden smiled.

"I bet," Spencer agreed. "Hi baby," she looked at me giving me a quick kiss.

"How was work?" I asked, dishing up our food.

"Pretty good," she reached for Hayden taking her off my shoulders. "I missed you munchkin." Spencer tickled her sides.

Hayden squirmed in a fit of laughter. "Mommy stop!"

"But you are so fun to tickle!" She continued tickling the rest of her body.

"Mommy! No! I'm going to have an accident!" Hayden was laughing so hard she couldn't breathe.

"Ok," Spencer set her down. "Go wash up for dinner!" She lightly spanked her butt.

Spencer helped me set the table. "I'm so glad to be home for the weekend!" Spencer sat down looking exhausted.

"So..." I sat down next to her. "I was thinking."

Spencer took a bite of spaghetti. "And..." She prompted me.

"What if you cut back your work schedule," I suggested.

She thought about it for a minute.

"It's not like we need the money. We both have very high paying jobs and if we both cut back a day, it won't hurt. We need more time together as a family," I frowned.

"So what? I take off my Fridays and you take off your Sundays?" She asked.

"Exactly," I nodded. "I already got it figured out at the hospital. I've worked long and hard for a while now. They agree that I need to work a little bit less now. Especially with a baby coming along soon. I think it will be easier for us."

"Ok," she nodded.

"Really?" I smiled. "That easy?"

"I want more time with you and Hayden. And I agree, the baby will be here in six months and I want to be able to spend more time as a family," She leaned in and kissed me.