Chapter 17

Spencer is two and a half months pregnant

Spencer's POV

"Morning," I heard a familiar voice.

I opened my eyes slowly. Toby's face was just inches from mine, smiling. "Morning," I mumbled. "What time is it?"

"Ten," he laid a hand over my stomach.

"What?" My eyes widened. "Where's Hayden?"

"Relax," he chuckled. "Emily picked her up this morning. She will be back later."

I relaxed my head back into the pillow. "I can't believe I slept in that long. This baby makes me so tired." I laid my hand over his. "I hope that means he or she will sleep through the night."

"Doubt it," he shook his head. "Hayden was the worst. She was up two three times a night. And when I was alone..."

I couldn't help the pain that flashed across my face.

"I'm sorry," he apologized.

"Don't be," I laid my hand on his cheek. "I know it was hard when I was away. I just hate hearing that pain in your voice. I never want you to feel that again."

He took my hand and kissed it. "As long as you are alive, I won't."

"Just promise me... If anything happens to me. You'll take care of Hayden and this baby."

"Of course," he looked at me. "I did it before."

"I know. But you were also miserable. You need to learn to let go and move on if that happens again."

"Why are we talking about this?" He glared at me. "I just got you back."

"It's just... I saw how you were when we were broken up and I can't imagine what you were like when... Just promise me you'll find happiness."

"Stop," he leaned in and kissed me. "Don't talk like that. You are going to be here forever. Even if that means keeping you cooped up in this house forever."

I laughed, "I think I'd go crazy."

"I can live with that," he smiled. He kissed me again, longer this time. "I love you," he whispered. He said it all the time now. I think he was afraid. Afraid that everyday I walked out the door for work or to go to the grocery store that I wouldn't return. I hated seeing that fear in his eyes.

"I love you too."

"Can we watch some video's today?" I asked as I cooked scrabbled eggs.

"What video's?" He said looking through the newspaper.

"The one's of us. One's where I'm pregnant with Hayden. I want to see everything. Since I can't remember every detail, I want to be prepared for when I get closer to the end of this pregnancy." I grabbed two plates and served our breakfast.

"Sure. I'll go grab my laptop," he got up setting the paper back down.

I set our plates down at the coffee table in the living room, and grabbed a blanket off the couch. Toby came back with his laptop, plugging it in the TV. He came back to the couch putting his arm around me so I could cuddle into his side. He sorted through his files until we got to where Hayden entered our lives.

"You look so young," I whispered to him.

"I was young," he smiled. "We were young parents."

"You can't even tell I'm pregnant here. How far along was I?" I asked him.

"I believe you were like two maybe three months along. You didn't show until you were like five months. It made me very nervous," his eyes were glued to the screen.