Chapter 4

There was a pounding on the door.  "Sally! It's me, Gwen." Sally jump up from out of bed as she rubbed her eyes.  She was back in the dark and cold hotel room. She heard a banging on the door again. "Sally,  you in there?"

She groaned as she got out of bed. "Where else would I be?" She made her way to the door to let the girl in.  She was grinning from ear to ear.

"I was thinking we could get you some new clothes today and then maybe get some food for you. How does that sound?"

"Great," The words come out more sarcastic than intended.  And in this case, she really did think that it sounded like a lovely idea.  She blinked her eyes again. "Sorry," she blurted out. "You think we can get some coffee first?  I mean, coffee is still a thing right?"

She was hoping in this reality there was still such a thing as coffee.  "Yes," Gwen said with a smile and a slight sigh of relief. "We can do coffee and breakfast."

"Good,  let me just..." She was going to say put a change of clothes but she remember she didn't have any. When Gwen pulled up a bag.

"I don't know how well this will fit, but I think we are about the same size.  I brought this from home until you can get your own." Sally happy accepted the bag and got ready.