Chapter 10

The two of them made their way to his TARDIS. Sally was doing her best to keep the Master up after being hit with some kind of poison arrow.  His one leg had gone numb as it began to make its way through the rest of his body. "Come on, hurry up," he barked at her.

"I would have already been there if I didn't have to carry your dead weight." She protested through a gasp as she made it over the last hill. The TARDIS was finally in sight.

"Oh,  do shut up and just go." He yelled again as they approached, he pulled something out of his pocket to open the doors as they passed the threshold the doors closed behind them.  

Sally began to try different bottoms on the console to make it after dumping the Master on the ground.

"Oh,  don't worry about that now.  It has a barrier around it. It will take them a few minutes to figure out how to get around it.  Help me first." His anger replaced with pain as he pointed to the one side of the room. "Over there,  open that panel up. There are several needles in there. Grab the purple one with the silver cap."

Sally ran over to where he was pointing.  A moment later she was by his side. "Silver cap,  silver, does that look silver to you?"

She looked at,  and it did at first. "Yes," She screamed back at him.

"No,  look closer," He said,  she stared at it a bit harder.  "It's not silver, it's pewter"

"Seriously?" She frowned as she rains back to the other end of the room.  Coming back with the right syringe this time.

As she plunged the needle into his leg he grabbed her arm. "Oh,  maybe I should have told you how to move the TARDIS first. I forgot that particular serum has a highly concentrated amount of melatonin in it and..." Before he could finish his sentence his head fell back on the ground with a thud.

Sally rolled her eyes pulling his arm off of her.  "Okay, you got this," She told herself. "You have watched him do this to many times to not know the basics here."

She pulled some levers and pushed some buttons as she heard the sound of the TARDIS  taking off. She didn't feel safe landing it on solid ground so she found a random spot in space.  After increasing the shields she pulled at the Master's arm. Taking to one of the closer rooms to put him on the bed.

After she got back she opened the doors of the TARDIS,  dangling her feet. She sat there for what felt like forever.  Only getting up every so often to check of the Master was doing all right.  When she first put him in the room there had been a black mark that splintered out from where he was shot.  But each time she had gone to check on him it became smaller and smaller until it was non existent.

She was still sitting at the door,  crumbling up small balls of colorful paper and tossing them in front of her.  They would hit the barrier the tumble down about ten feet under the TARDIS. She became so immersed in what she was doing, she hardly noticed when the Master took a seat next to her.

Startled, she jumped when she finally noticed him there.  He had his hands clasped together dangling between his legs.  He looked as if he wanted to say something as he glanced at her for a second before looking back out into the void of space.  

"I don't do gratitude,  so don't expect any of that from me." He said in a defensive tone,  still not looking at her.

"Didn't expect you to," she said with a small grin.  

He leaned forward a little to see a small mound of crimped up bits of paper that was beneath the ship.  "I really hope that was nothing I needed."

"Oh no,  it was just from some book laying by all the needless.  It was just filled with a bunch of circles. Didn't think you needed it."