Chapter 13

Sally closed her eyes hoping her headache would go away when Jack walked into the room. "we need to talk" he said in a sharp tone that causes her to jump.

she went into his office, wondering what she had done wrong. After all, they got the weevil, didn't they. Maybe he would tell her she wasn't good enough to work for them. Her stomach sank, she needed this job. This would be the best way to find him. If she could handle traveling with him she can deal with whatever problems they got up to. 

Jack waited for her to enter the room, closing the door behind him. He stood in front of it with his arms folded. "OK, you need to start talking now," he said in a stern tone. As she stumbled with her words, not knowing what he was asking. what could he have wanted? A thought crossed her mind, maybe she was wrong. Maybe this had nothing to do with the weevil today. Maybe he knew why she was here. Did she clear her history after looking up the Master? oh, no. she thought, she cleared all the history, if they wanted to look something up from the day before it would have been gone. her heart began to race.  

"Who are you Sally Armstrong," Jack asked coldly.  His eyes fixed on her hardly blinking,  making her uneasy.  "I went out of my way to keep that weevil from crossing paths with you when we were out there.  Not only that it disarmed you and knocked you down and yet you were still able to regain control and shoot it before it could do any more damage to you."

Not knowing what to say she set starring at her own hands.  Trying to think no further a good reason.  But she couldn't think of anything.

Jack becoming more inpatient yelled at her  "Sally!  I asked you a question.  I don't think that kind of instinct comes from working in a dentist office."

"I don't know," She said,  feeling herself becoming more emotional as she thought about the question.

"What do you mean you don't know?" His words were harsh and angry.

"I mean I don't know" She scouted with tears forming in her eyes now. As she wiped away her own tears she tried to calm herself. "I don't even know who I am anymore.  I keep dying or remembering or dreaming or I just,  I'm there,  perfectly safe,  normal Sally until I'm not and I don't understand any of it." She clasped her face into her hands.  Not being able to stop her own sobs.  "I don't know who I am or what's really so I can't tell you." She said slightly above a whisper as she felt jack place a hand on her shoulder.

"Then tell me what you do know," He asked,  crouching down next to her son he was at eye level with her. 

"There were aliens,  metal box things,  I think they were called Daleks,  an impossible box that was bigger on the inside with a pilot that was even more impossible.  And.  And I can't really remember much other than that." She looked at Jack expecting to see him looking at her like she was crazy but instead he was grinning at her.

"So you know the Doctor too?" He no longer looked angry as he spoke.

"The Doctor?" She thought for a minute. "Yes,  I know that name,  he was." Was the enemy of the Master.  As she began to feel herself calm down she thought it best if she didn't bring that bit up.  Feeling as if he had taken the Doctors side,  may not be happy finding out she had worked with an enemy of his.  "I thought I was crazy," she said at last "I didn't think you would believe me, I" 

Jack put his hand on her shoulder and an empathetic look on his face. "I get it if I hadn't experienced traveling with the Doctor myself I probably would think you were crazy. You barely know us, so it makes sense that you wouldn't trust us enough to tell us. but in this job you can never be too careful." she went to apologize to her but he cut her off. "I don't know if we will be able to figure out whats going on, and it's not like the Doctor is known to come around that often, but if he does I feel like you being here will be the best place for you." He sighed as he stood up and started for the door before turning around. "but Sally, from now on you need to be one hundred percent honest with us, otherwise, we are not going to be able to help you."