Chapter 12

Sally stood over the Master. He had connected his TARDIS to a large computer that was as large as the wall. Sally couldn't even begin to guess where they were, let always when. He fiddled with the wiring contacting it to a small metal box he had in his hands. He gazes intensely as he carefully tinkered with it before starting up at her.

"You know, when I said I wanted you to stand guard I mention at the door, not at me." He watched her, as she huffed, walked to the door.

"Fin," She said pressing her back again the wall, looking out a small window to make sure no one was coming. "It really boring over her." She said in exasperation.

"We are not here to have fun. I'm here on business." He said, too engrossed in what he was doing to pay much attention to her. Nor did he have the time to scold her. she was once again behind him trying to watch what he was doing.

This had gone on for a few minutes when both of them heard footsteps coming down the corridor. Sally jumped from her trance quickly making her way to the door to confirm there was someone walking down. "He is still a ways away. I think it will take them another six, seven minutes till they make it down here.

Without saying anything he began to work even harder. " Ok, he is getting really close now." She said, panic coming over her five minutes later. She could feel her hands getting clammy as she could see him getting approaching. Her heart pounding in her chest. Wanted to call out again but now was scared the man may have been to close and would hear her. Another minute passed, and now she feared if he were to look directly at the door there would be no doubt he would see her. "Harcourt" She hissed under breath. Trying to get his attention. The man had been right on top of the door now. Not know what to do she tried to duck.

Before she could sink down she felt her hand being pulled. There were still wires scattered around the room, but nothing was attached to the TARDIS anymore. As they disappeared in an Identical computer across from the one he was using a light signed in. The man must have noticed this because out of all the doors he sighed his light into this had been the first he opened. As he finally made it in after trying a few keys, finally opening the door. He looked around to find no one, but a distracting computer.

_________________

He was now at the center concept with the small metal box. Connecting it with some wires. Not paying any mind to Sally. He eyes the box with great consideration for a long time.

She finally spoke up " Did you get what you needed? asking, not sure if he would hold it against her if he hadn't accomplished what he set out to do.

Finally acknowledging she was in the room for the first time since they got in. "Oh, this, yes. Got everything I needed at the very last second. Good thing for that guard too. He may have gotten quite a shock if he found us in there." He said as a mischievous smirk crawled on his face. Slowly fading when Sally didn't respond to this he went back to what he was doing. "Anyway, I believe we only have one more stop after this." He said as he began to flip a few things on the council as the TARDIS started to take off.

"So where are we going now?" She asked now feeling safe to stand closer to him.

"A small plant at the edge of the Galaxy." He said, now holding the metal box. "They are a peaceful lot, will do almost anything to avoid a fight. They have a stone I need to get this to work."

"That's good, so they may just give it to us?" She asked, standing closer to see what he was doing.

He turned and laughter at her. "I doubt it. They may not fully grasp what they have, but there do regard it quite highly. They believe it's a means of speaking to there gods. It's going to take a lot of work to get our hands on it."