Chapter 15

Sally woke in her hotel a week later with an awful headache.  She noticed they had been coming on and off again ever since the first weevil attack.  Since then they had seen all kinds of strange things, but nothing that she couldn't handle or even close to what she had to deal with when traveling with the Master.

She checked her phone to see what time it was. It was still the old clunky one Gwen had given her the first day she was there.  She had thought about getting a better one, but just didn't have the time. She dropped her hand letting it fall hard on the bed.  Only a few more minutes before she had to be up. It wouldn't have been so bad if only she could get rid of this headache she thought.  

When she made it into work, Ianto was already there and had made tea for everyone. "I swear you live here," Sally said with a smile s she made it to her desk. "Do you even go home?"

"Yes,  I just" He stumbled on his words before collecting himself,  handing Sally a cup. "How has your head been? Still getting them headaches?" She nodded,  not really wanting to talk about it. This, however, couldn't be avoided as it seemed like everyone had recently become very invested in her health.

A moment later Jack came out of his office fixing his shirt,  looking slightly started to see Sally. "Oh, Sally, your head. How's the head?"  He asked as he took a cup of tea before going to his desk.

"Not so great,  but I'll be fine," She said with a sigh.  "I'm sure it will get better throughout the day." Trying to convince herself more than him.  

Soon after Gwen got in asking her the same question.  Sally gave her the same answer but at this point, it had gotten worse and she feared it wouldn't be getting better any time soon.  After a few hours, Jack jumped up. "Ok, Erith isn't in danger at the moment. How about we go out for lunch?"

"Oh,  that sounds wonderful," Gwen said already grabbing for her bag.  

"Where were you thinking?" Ianto asked,  standing up, looking for NY excuse to leave his desk.

"You know what,  I'll just stay here,  I'm still not feeling that great," Sally said hoping she may be able to close her eyes for a little bit well they were all gone.

"No" She heard Jack say as he walked up behind her pulling her up.  "You need a break, I think it will be good for you." He let her go after getting her to her feet.

"Oh,  come one,  it'll be fun. Please come with us." Gwen had a face on that made it hard for her to say no to.

She collected herself as Jack let her go, then gave Jack a look.  "And how is much going to help?"

With a big grin "I invited a friend.  If anyone could help you with these headaches it will be him."

Ianto suddenly looked disappointed putting his jacket back on the chair.  "Maybe I'll sit this one out he said, about to sit back down.

" Nonsense," Jack said giving him a stern look,  with a grin that didn't match. "Don't make me come over there and pick you up too."

With a mix of annoyance and amusement, he stood back up. "You still didn't say where we were going.

---------------

A few minutes later they were at a small restaurant with outdoor seating.  " Well, at least we have a nice view," Ianto said still looking around. It had been a small courtyard with a stone wall around 3 of the walls around them.  A few climbing flowers and ivy covering most of them up.

"He's not that bad," Jack said,  looking around to see if he could spot when he got there.

"He's scary" He replied, still looking around as if he was trying not to think about it.