Chapter 11

Sally stared at the secrets becoming more frustrated by the minute. She felt her eyelids become heavy the longer she set there. "God, I'm bored." She grounded, more trying to keep herself awake more than anything.

"Don't say that there will be times that you will welcome days like this." She could hear Gwen from across the room. She had been filling with something that resembled a radio but she was sure it had to have been something far more advanced.

Her curiosity got the best of her after a few minutes as she abandoned her post to see what she was doing. "What's that." She asked as she comes up behind Gwen who didn't seem to be bothered by her.

"Oh, just a think Damien asked us to look at to try and stop the" She stopped what she was doing screwing her face up a little before looking at Sally. "Well you see there had always been what we call a riff in the area, which may explain why you're here. But he seems to be worried that there may be a split in dimensions as well that could not only bring people from different times but alternate realities." She watched Sally expecting that she would have to explain this in greater detail and was supposed to see there wasn't an ounce of confusion on her face.

"I see," She said confidently, "so this will closes this gaps or whatever they are. Do you know what caused them to begin with?" Gwen looked at her for a moment, not wanting to just say she didn't know. "I mean, it would be much easier if you knew the source because of not your just blindly trying to fix a system and there is no saying that it will not just make it worse."

"Yeah, we're working on that." She said with a forced smile. "I think this I what this is supposed to do." She held up the small radio like device.

"Can I see?" Sally asked as she took a seat next to Gwen, without her answering she took the device from her. He eyebrows pinched as she thoroughly examined it. "I don't understand how this would" She began speaking to herself. "If anything it would."

Jack burst into the room. "Who's on the monitors!" He said as the rains to the computer Sally was at a moment before grabbing the screen with a look of discussing on his face.

"I was" Sally began to say, softy. "I just stepped away from second and" She tried to explain herself.

"You had one job." Jack backed before Gwen stood up.

"I asked her to look to something with me. It wasn't her fault."

Jack looked as if he may want to yell some more but calmed himself down. "Ok, we can talk about this latter. There is a weevil sighting downtown. Everyone let's go!" This seemed to be big deal because a few minutes letter they were piled up in the van.

----------------

As they sped away, Ianto was on his laptop directing Jack where to go.

"Should we call Damien for this," Gwen asked from the back.

"No,  he has more important things to do right now." He said before hitting a corner really strong throwing Sally into Gwen's lap.

"Of course not," Ianto said under his breath.

As they went on Jack explained what he wanted to be done.  They would realize and take it back to the hub. This was not what happened. After finally finding it they found themselves chasing it. The group split up to cover more ground.

A few blocks Sally found it and herself in an alleyway.  As Sally took a shot but missed. The weevil at an opportunity to hit the gun out of her hands and she watched it fly behind a dumpster.  Flinging herself to the ground she quickly grasped it. She could hear it heading for her,  taking the opportunity to her advance she waited until she heard it right above her as she turned to her back taking a perfect shot at its chest.  As she did another shot hit it on the shoulder as Jack rounded the counter.

"Are you alright he asked,  not taking his gun off the fallen weevil.

" Yeah,  I'm good," She said as she dusted herself up.  

Gwen and Ianto followed behind with the van,  as they beginning to load it up.

----------------------

When they made it had because obvious that Sally had gotten hurt with there little excursion.  A small bump on her head began to bleed.

"I'll take care of it," Ianto said so Gwen and Jack could deal with the weevil.  

"So,  you don't seem to really care for this Damien guy do you?" Sally asked as Ianto cleaned the cut on the side of her head.

"It's not that" He began.  Not knowing exactly how he felt about the situation himself. "It's just,  it feels like he's hiding something. Yeah, he's helped up with this aliens and had helped with many other things. But some reason it feels like it's building up to something.  Like he's doing this thing just to get us to trust him. I don't think he really cares much about anything but himself to be honest."

"Oh,  I thought he may have had the hots for your boyfriend." She smiled as she said this.

Ianto face turned a bright red as he turned away from her,  perfect timing to need to grab a bandage he thought.

"Is that really necessary?" Sally said looking at the large slice of gore in his hands.

"Probably," He said ignoring her protest and placing it on the side of her head.

She began to rub at her head.  "Aw, I think I'm getting a headache. "

"Well, you did hit your head really hard." He said handing her to small pills.  "This should help." He said with a small smile.