Chapter 17

Sally followed Dr. Scott to what he referred to as his lab. But ended up just being a small apartment, consisting of only two rooms. There were a couch, some cabinets with doors on them and a table. The rest consisted of papers, wires, and test tubes flung around the room.

He quickly looked back at her after opening the door. "Sorry about the mess" he quietly laughed as he kicked a few things over as he entered the room. Looking back once more " I don't normally get company." He quickly threw something off the couch to let her sit down.

She looked around the room not wanting to look like she was judging but then a thought crossed her mind. Where did he sleep? Without realizing it she began to look around the room for a place that wasn't covered.

"I really do apologize for the mess," he said again as he set on the table in front of her. "I normally wouldn't let my workplace get this out of hand but I have been very busy trying to deal with a slight problem I" he paused as if he was remembering something that bothered him greatly. "I recently ran into." He put his hands up, giving her a look, asking if it would be alright to touch her. As she nodded he placed his hand gently around her throat. "So when exactly did this headaches start?

As she began to speak as he pulled her mouth open to look at the back of her throat, she began to make an almost chucking sound as she tried to speak. " oh, sorry. I probably should have let you answer that before I did that." Half laughing as he spoke. She found it hard to be angry with him as he smiled at her.

"Probably, yes," she said as he finished what the started. As he got up, starting to look for something she took that time to answer his questions.

"I would like to say about a week ago." she tried to think hard about it.

" so about the time you started to work for Jack?" He started to go through the cabinet that lined the walls.

"Um, yes. I think so" now becoming unsure herself.

"And there was the talk of you having dreams about dying. Can you elaborate on that?" He pulled a bag out before going back to her.

"I wish I could" she began as he watched her.

"What does that mean?" Clearly becoming irritated.

She looked down at her feet. Still not know what to say when she felt a pinch in her arm. When she looked up she seen a needle sticking out of her arm. With wide eyes, her gaze went from her arm to Damien.

Realizing his mistake he gave her a half smile. "I probably should have told you I was going to do that as well. Shouldn't I have?"

She watched him for a few seconds before shaking her head. "Yeah, you think?"

He pulled the needle and vial from her arm. As if none if it happened, he went on to ask her about her deaths. She did her best to answer despite it all feeling like a dream.

She first spoke about the Doctor, then the Master. As she spoke he continued to examine her before putting the bag away. Sally could feel the presser in her head getting worse until she had to stop talking. She did her best to ignore it, to focus on her story. But it became stronger and stronger until she couldn't take it anymore as she curled into herself. Holding her head as she began to cry.  He set down in front of her again, placing a hand over her shoulder.

"It's all right, that will be enough of that for now." As he pulled her up to look her in the eyes. "What was the last thing you remember that didn't feel like a dream?"

Her head pounding she found it hard to think. "I, I, um" was the only thing she could get out around her tears.

He watched her with what she felt was him trying to be sympathetic but not quite right. "Sally, I can't help you unless we do this right. I know it painfully, but it will be better if we get it all down now. Do you understand me?" Sally tried to put her head in her own lap again. Half his words blurring, not able to understand him.