Girls Day Out

Location: Cardiff - British Army base

"Come on it'll be fun!" Meggan shouted from outside the door.

"Nooo! I don't want to!" Rebeca shouted back though the reply was muffled as she put a pillow over her face.

"Do not make me open this door Newsom! We are going to go shopping!"

Rebeca was never the 'shopping' type. Never liked it. She only went if she was desperate or if she needed to buy food - which of course was never needed as she practically lived at her base 24/7. No shopping was really required. Plus she hardly knew the wife of Sir Brian Braddock himself!

"I'M NOT GOING!!"

————————————————

Location: Cardiff Central

Rebeca groaned as they walked through St. Davids shopping centre in Cardiff. Meggan already had three bags mainly stuff for herself. Rebeca only bought a Superdry t-shirt in blue and a pair of grey ankle boots. They'd only been in two stores and Rebeca was already ignoring Meggan's 'small talk'.

Meggan's black heels were quite loud against the floor compared to the black simple trainers Rebeca was wearing. Meggan was surprisingly a lot more girly than she had anticipated. She wore a pink cardigan over her white tank top which of course was tucked into her pink skirt which flowed gently as she walked, whilst Rebeca went a lot more simple. She went for a pair of light blue jeans along with a Jack Wills white t-shirt and a black leather jacket. Meggan's blond hair flowed down near her hips whilst Rebeca just had a ponytail.

Rebeca wondered how big her wardrobe was. Enormous probably.

As they carried on to walk Rebeca felt as if someone was watching them. Rebeca turned her head around concerned fear in her eyes. It wasn't normal for Rebeca to feel this way but turned her head back facing forward thinking it was probably, if anything people astonished between the differences between her and Meggan.

But it wasn't

"Were we right Sir?" Someone asked from the other side of the phone. The man holding the phone held a sly smirk.

"We were," Andrew Newsom answered. He looked towards his daughter.

"Shall we begin Phase 2. of the plan Sir?"

Andrew paused before answering.

"Go ahead." He answered before ending the call and removing his shades.

————————————————

Location: Cardiff Central - Wagamama's

"So Rebeca..." Meggan began as she stirred her cup of Japanese with her spoon. Rebeca just looked up from her menu as her response.

"Do you have a crush? Maybe a boyfriend?" Meggan continued. Rebeca scoffed.

"No I do not have a boyfriend and I also do not have a crush on anyone!" Rebeca replied confidently even though she felt her face heat up ever so slightly.

"Anyone you like the look of?"

Rebeca just shook her head.

"Oh! What about that guy who helped you out with those files the other day! He's cute..." Meggan said clasping her hands together which made Rebeca jump slightly.

"Lieutenant James?"

"Yes... Black hair. Hazel eyes?"

"How about..... no." Rebeca replied pointing a finger towards Meggan who sent a glare towards Rebeca narrowing her eyes.

"Ladies, ladies you're both beautiful..." a sudden voice chimes in. They both looked towards the direction of where the mysterious voice was coming from. A man with black and brown hair and piercing blue eyes looked towards the two. He wore a blue Coldplay t-shirt, navy jeans and converses on his feet holding a pair of aviators in his hand.

"I'm sure there's a logical explanation. I would ask for you to go out with me but ma girl would probably break my skull..." he continued wincing at the thought. Meggan's eyes immediately lit up to see Pete Wisdom.

"Pete! It's been so long!" Meggan squealed in delight as she stood up to hug him in which he gladly returned.

"Pete, this is Rebeca. The one Brian told you about y-" Meggan began only to be interrupted.

"So you told almost everyone about then..?" Rebeca interrupted her voice laced with surprise and slight annoyance raising an eyebrow. Meggan let out a nervous laugh.

"Maybe..." Pete turned towards Rebeca.

"So, you know anything on who your up against?" He asked in a more serious and hushed tone as he sat down beside Meggan.

"I do.." Rebeca replied. She paused pursing her lips in a thin line. "Sorta." Pete sighed.

"What do you know?" Pete questioned.

"I know that this Zemo guy is after this mythical sword Excalibur... that's all I really know..." Rebeca answered shrugging her shoulders. Peter looked around to make sure no one was looking before telling her quietly,

"Your fathers involved..."

Rebeca froze.

"I think you scared her Wis..." Meggan whispered loud enough for Rebeca to hear.

"Dang it. I see why Brian didn't say anything..."

"Wait. Brian said he'd told her?!"

Rebeca wasn't interested in listening to the conversation taking place. She was still processing that her father was apart of this plan.

Amidst the argument taking place I front of her she stepped in.

"What's he getting out of this?" Rebeca suddenly said drawing the attention towards her.

"We don't know... even our undercover agents don't know..." Pete informed her a sad look on his face. "It has to be a big something though.." he continued. This made the two women look at him with a questioning gaze.

"Agents undercover working near his projects are hearing signs of a possible assassination - maybe even a terror attack. None of are agents have been able to be trusted enough by him though." He explained quietly.

"At least we know no one within the job is an MI13 agent..." Meggan figured without hesitation.

"SHIELD actually..." Peter muttered annoyingly.

"His majesty's birthday..." Rebeca interrupting putting the pieces together. All three pondered for a matter of seconds.

"She's right. It makes sense to. An assassination of the king himself would definitely be effective..." Meggan said nodding her head in agreement turning her head towards Pete. His blue eyes turned to Rebeca.

"This is worst than I anticipated."