Excalibur Rises

Location: Bangor, North Wales

08:29 am

The Braddock's walked hand in hand down the streets of Bangor the town that supposedly according to research from MI-13 is where Excalibur was located. A forest just outside the town.

Being a famous British hero who's identity is known by some of the most dangerous people on Earth it's  difficult to blend in.

Meggan was good at designing so he left the outfits to her.

Big mistake...

Brian had immediately regretted it. But he was surprised by her idea.

Brian ended up wearing a white t-shirt that hugged his body, and black and red flannel, a pair of white converses and navy blue slightly baggy jeans.

Meggan wore a white blouse and denim skirt with black leggings that went down to her ankles. She also wore a pair of brown ankle boots.

Overall not bad getto for their first time having a mission in Rebeca's home country. They had visited Wales a couple of times. Mainly the south as Meggan has a great time shopping in Cardiff.

They'd learnt a few simple Welsh techniques, language usage and so on in case it was needed from Rebeca of which the two were grateful for.

They were both on the lookout for HYDRA agents. Although it was unlikely to happen they had their guard up. They also had standby MI-13 agents thanks to Pete in case of an emergency (him being the director of the freaking organisation).

They were waiting for their SUV to pick them up. The SUV suddenly  pulled up on the curb surprising the two. Agent Maureen Raven rolled the window down before shouting.

"Get in! Quick!" Panic was written all over her face. Both Brian and Meggan shares concerned glances before getting in. As soon as they buckled up the SUV began to speed towards the outside of town.

"What's happening?" Brian quickly asked Agent Raven as she sped through the town.

"Zemo's heading towards Excalibur's location. We don't know if he's worthy but I don't really want to find out." She quickly informed the two. Meggan's breath hitched at this and immediately looked at her phone.

"It's the kings birthday today." Meggan told Brian nudging him.

"Oh shoot!" Agent Raven quickly shouted over their chat even though it hadn't really started. The SUV suddenly stopped causing Meggan and Brian to lurch forward at an incredible rate before looking out of the window.

"You have your suit Brian..?" Meggan asked.

"I do. I'll go get it n-" Brian started.

"There's no time. Zemo's already at the location." Agent Raven quickly told them panic written in her voice as she looked out of the side window. Brian immediately stepped out of the car to reveal another black SUV without the signature bumper sticker with the car number.

Brian shot up into the air and Meggan soon followed, her blond hair flowing behind her.

Raven still in the car opened her car holding her walkie-talkie.

"All agents, need immediate backup over." She says observing her surroundings.

"What's the situation over?" An Agent asked from the other end.

"It's Zemo. He's at the site. Backup will be needed. He brought his own backup by the looks of it. Over."

"Sending backup. ETA: ten minutes. Over."

"Do better!" She shouted grabbing her gun from her holster. Before the call for backup ended at the sound of gunshots in the distance.

"Get in contact with local police stations, tell them to keep civilians away and to set a perimeter."

"Copy that. Over and out." The call ended. She placed her walkie-talkie in its own holder before loading her gun.

"Come on Brian. Britain needs you." Agent Raven told herself as she took a few steps forward.

————————————————

The sword in the stone glistened in the light as the beams from the sun bounced off of it.

Footsteps crunched through the very edges of the forest as they approached the sword. A laugh escaped the mans lips a he stared at the legendary Excalibur.

Baron Helmut Zemo had found it.

He approached it and placed his hands around its handle before being knocked of his feet. He looked up to see Brian Braddock and Megan Puceanu standing there looking down at an angered Zemo.

"You shouldn't have done that." He barked raising to his feet.

"Not happening..." Meggan snapped approaching him slowly energy surrounding her fists as she clenched them both. Zemo lunged at her retrieving his gun. He shot at her which Meggan immediately dodged.

Brian meanwhile quickly backed towards the sword before a gunshot lodged itself inches from his hand ricocheting off the stone before he heard a sudden yelp from Meggan. He turned to she Meggan unconscious on the floor. Anger raged through his veins seeing his wife unconscious on the floor. Brian began to lunge at Zemo. A sudden sound of the gun loading stopped Brian in his tracks.

A drop of sweat slipped down his forehead as Zemo smiled evilly towards Brian.

"Stay away from the sword. Or I shoot her." He threatened. Brian froze. But the sound of another gun loading caught their attention.

"No Zemo. You put the gun down."

Brian and Zemo looked across to see General Watts alongside agents of MI13.

"Very well..."Zemo told them dropping his gun. A sudden beeping caught Brian's attention. A round ball slipping out of his hand found itself slipping next to Meggan. Brian's eyes widened.

"No!" He screamed running towards Meggan and the bomb before it went off. To Brian's surprise it was a smoke bomb but he still ran towards his wife.

He coughed as he kneeled beside her.

"Brian..." Meggan croaked gaining consciousness. Brian placed a hand on her forehead before telling her she was okay before kissing her softly on the cheek. He looked towards Zemo's direction to be left shocked.

"He's gone..."

Meggan was quite panicked by this outcome but her eyes were focused on one thing. Excalibur, the sword in the stone.