Heroes United

Location: London, Buckingham Palace

A panicked Brian Braddock stood in his gear, Excalibur in hand waiting for the four to return.

"Cap!" A sudden voice yelled. He turned to meet the blue eyes of Pete Wisdom who walked beside Meggan. He hugged Pete tightly before kissing Meggan on the forehead.

"Brian Braddock I would sue you for not getting here quicker!" An angered, tired yet sarcastic voice yelled towards him. All three turned to see a giggling Rebeca Newsom and Spider-Man. He immediately noticed the bloodstained t-shirt. Rebeca noticed his expression change.

"Don't worry, Meggan's a great nurse!" Rebeca exclaimed pointing at Meggan referring to her healing abilities smiling. "Did you get him?"

"No. He escaped." He turned to look at Meggan. "Again.."

"He's not the only one to escape." Rebeca admitted looking at the floor. "My father. He pulled the trigger." Rebeca saw Peter tense beside her as did Brian.

"I think we should head out. I'll get Rebeca to her General. Stay in contact with us. We'll let you know  if anything happens." Brian told Rebeca. "Pete." Pete turned to look at him. "Get any agents you can looking out for Andrew Newsom or Baron Helmut Zemo. They can't be too far from here. Parker I'm gonna need you to tell your team that your heading back to the facility. Let them know of the attack. If they want to contact me call MI13 or Rebeca. Got it?" Peter nodded before turning to Rebeca.

"Thanks for... saving my life. I owe you." Peter told her scratching the back of his neck, mask still on as there were cameras around.

"Likewise. And to help you with Braddock's request... here." Rebeca handed him a piece of paper. On it her number was written. Rebeca smiled before going in for a hug in which Peter gladly returned. They embraced for around five seconds before letting go.

"I best be off.." Rebeca concluded before walking towards Brian. Peter watched as Brian wrapped an arm around Rebeca's shoulder as they headed towards an SUV which had an older man inside in army uniform.

"That's her general." Peter jumped at the sound of a mans voice. He turned to see Pete Wisdom. "Parker right?" Peter nodded. A smile then plastered on Wisdom's face. "That General saved her from being confined back in 2016."

"The accords?" Peter asked.

"Yeah.." Pete sighed.

"She has a big grudge on her father doesn't she...?"

"Well it's understandable..."

Peter looked at Pete slightly confused.

"He killed her brother . Her mother's  supposed death slash missing case cause was unknown. Former SHIELD agent actually. She went missing. No one found her. Found a file on her. It had one big word plastered on the front - 'deceased'. Rebeca's has a tough life." Pete explained clasping his shoulder. He passed over another piece of paper.

"That's my company's number. Just tell them to alert me of the call they'll send it straight to me." Pete explained before putting his hand out. Peter shook it before heading his own way.

"Do you think she'll be okay? She looked exhausted." Pete asked Meggan.

"Using her powers to save hundreds of lives isn't going to go untouched." Meggan explained placing a hand on her hip. "She is going to have a visit from a few people wanting to know more. Revealing her powers. Especially now. Maximoff is our best tutor option."

"Wanda Maximoff? Why?" Pete questioned.

"Did you forget?" Meggan snapped clearly annoyed. "Rebeca was the first to survive the experiments. 2013 she became an enhanced thanks to the mind stone - in Sokovia. Few years before Ultron."

"I remember mentions of Loki's sceptre. Is that where it was?" Pete asked.

"Yep. I've seen the files. Brian had them sent to him." Meggan explained. Pete looked at Meggan confused.

"So, who sent you them?" Pete asked suspiciously.

"Fury. He needed someone nearby to keep an eye on her from a distance. Any incidents, he was their first call." Meggan placed a hand on Pete's shoulder.

"Do you think Excalibur is a good name?" Pete asked walking pass the press who yelled questions towards them as cameras flashed in the daylight.

"For what?" Meggan asked a kind smile on her face as her own blue eyes glistened.

"A team name. Like the Avengers." Pete explained.

"I think it might just work.." she replied as she got in her car and drove away leaving a smug Pete Wisdom standing there before a familiar face approached him.

"Excalibur huh? That has a nice ring to it..." the woman said her long brown hair glistening as usual.

"Kitty, honey! It's good to see you..." he said kissing her cheek.

"Hop on." She told him as they walked towards her black motorcycle. They both their helmets on before Kitty wrapped her arms around his waist before driving back to base.