~Chapter 14~

Natsu's POV:
When Luce and I got done iceskating we were planning to go home but we still had three hours of daylight left to I decided to take her to the Zoo.
When we get there the first thing we see are monkeys. Lucy runs up to them and start to talk to them in a baby voice. They seemed to like it and went up to her. She reached her hand in the cage and started to pet them.
"Accuse me but would you like to hold them" and brunette with hazel eyes asked, her name tag saying Zera. Lucy nodded and Zera open the cage and all the money's went straight for Lucy. There were three monkeys in total. One with white hair on top of Lucy's head, one with brown hair attached to her leg, and the one with black hair hugging her breast.
I growled at the fact but then Zera start to talk "the one with the white her is Mavis, the brown is Marionette, and the black one is Named Zeref." She smiled and continued "fun fact about Mavis, Zeref, and Marionette is that Mavis and Zeref are mates and Marionette is their kid. They have shown that they would protect their child no matter what kind of danger they are in. When we first found them was 5 months ago when Marionette was a tiny baby, Zeref and Mavis were badly injured fighting off a cobra trying to eat their daughter. That's when we came across them and scared off the snake and took these three into a safe place and they will soon be released."
She had finally stopping and went to Lucy. She picked up Zeref and hugged him. "I will really miss them and worry for their safety. They are being released tomorrow." She stated rubbing Zeref's back.
Lucy played with them a little longer and she was giving them back to Zera and we started to walk away, Lucy looking sad. "What's wrong Luce?" I asked she looked at me "I feel bad for them. What if they aren't ready to go back?" She said tears threatening to fall. I did something I never thought I would do. I turn back to Zera "how much do you want me to pay for them" she looked at me confused "pardon?"
"I said how much money do I gotta pay to keep them?" I repeated my question but used different wording "I'm sorry but they are not for sal-" I cut her off "I want to buy them. Just to keep them a little longer then I will release them when I think they are ready. You can even come and visit if you want." Zera looked at me then to Lucy. She smiled and hugged me "that would be wonderful. Thank you!" She cried and Lucy walked over "I promise we will take good care of them." Lucy promised the girl "I would have to ask my manager though and he might say no-" I cut her off again "sure he will say yes. After all my dad owns this town. I'm Natsu Dragoneel." I said with complete confidence and she smiled even wider.
After we bought the moneys we walked around with them. Marionette on my shoulder, Mavis on Lucy's back along with Zeref on her head.
We have seen lions, pandas, alligators, fish, birds, rhinos, buffalo, and many more animals. Lucy was so happy hear. I could tell she loved animals and she was even more excited when I said I would buy the monkeys.
The zoo soon closed. On our way out Zera stopped us before we passed the gate. "Here you go! It's the food and other supplies for them. Just to start to off. Surprisingly you can find any of this at a pet store even the food. Again thank you two so much. It means a lot to me" she said and hugged Lucy.
"Ya no problem! Here what's your phone number" Lucy asked and they exchanged numbers "when ever you want to come visit just text me and I'll give Natsu a heads up ya!" Lucy smiled and the girl nodded.
We went to the car. It was a long drive home so Lucy and the monkeys fell asleep in the passenger seat. I smiled at them "I bet Happy will be exited to have new friends" I thought to myself. I looked back to the road to see a white dog crossing. I almost hit it until I swerved away from it. I held my arm out to shield Lucy from any injuries. Luckily nothing happened to any of us.
Lucy had woken up and saw the dog. She got out with the monkeys and ran to the dog. "Oh my God! NATSU! Come quick!" Luce yelled and I jumped out of the car to see the dog has a broken leg (not from me), skinny, and muddy. Lucy looked at me with sad eyes as the monkeys being tame went up to the dog and hugged it. I smiled at this "let's bring it home" I saw Lucy's eyes light up and sparkle.
The dog didn't have a name tag and I knew a place to go to help the dog. I drove to the pet infirmary. They were still open, Luce and I run in, the dog in my arms. "Please help us! This dog is really hurt!" I yelled and a doctor came out of a room. "What's wrong?" He asked and looked at Lucy which had three monkeys clinging to her and he sweat dropped.
He looked back to me and took the dog "um.. he has a broken leg and for all we know there could be something way worse." I said "he's not yours?" "Well no but we found him on the side of the road." Lucy said moving her hands around as if saying "HURRY AND HELP HIM" and glared at him. He looked scared and ran to a room with the dog in hand.

Lucy's POV:
It has been 2 hours now and is dark too. I was really worried, when I heard a door open my head shot up from Natsu's cheats and I stand up, Natsu doing the same. "Well is he ok?" I ask and he nods "yes he will be fine. I put a cast on him and did some X-Rays, he does have a broken rib, but it seems to be almost fully healed which mean it happened a while back so he should be fine. Just feed him and take care of him ok?" We both nod "does he have a name so I can put him in my files?" I shake my head and look at Natsu "he's not ours but I was thinking about keeping him. Luce? Do you have a name?" Natsu asked me and I start to think.
After about two minutes a really good name pops in my head "oh I know what about Plue?" Natsu nodded and I smiled "ok Plue it is then! Jet! Make sure your writing this stuff down" the doctor half yelled at a boy behind him. "YES SIR! I am!" The boy named Jet saluted and hurried away. The doctor turned to us with a smile "yell I guess he is yours now! Have fun and take good care of him ok?" I nod and Natsu takes Plue from the doctors arms and we finally go home.