~Chapter 23~

Lucy's POV:
Natsu told me to stay by his side and I felt so happy. Some nurses walk in and look at me "Lucy Heartfilia, we still have to continue your surgery so please take this medicine. I take the medicine and lay down. In a few minutes I fill dizzy and fall into the darkness.

Natsu's POV:
Lucy falls asleep and we were told to leave and go to the waiting room. After about 5 hours everyone except me, Levy, and Gajeel stay behind. "Hey metal head! You and Lev can go home if you are tired. It's already 8:57" Levy yawns but shakes her head "no we are fine" Gajeel nods "ya Lucy is our friend and we are gonna wait. It's only 3 more hours right?" I smile and nod "thanks guys"

Gajeel's POV:
It's been almost three hours. Levy is asleep on the couch and Natsu is asleep on the ground you the couch asleep. I'm the only one awake. I start to slowly close my eyes about to fall asleep when I hear a voice "Natsu Dragneel? Natsu!" I quickly get up to let Natsu and Levy sleep "Yes ma'ma?" She looks at me "are you Natsu Dragneel?" She asked and I shake my head "no, but he is. I'm his friend and a friend of Lucy Heartfilia." She nods "ok well Lucy is finished with surgery and will be awake in the morning" I look at Levy and Natsu "can we stay here tonight? I don't want to wake up fire breath over there or my girlfriend" she puts a finger on her chin and closes her eyes "hmmmm... I suppose so" I smile and bow "thank you miss" she smiles and walks off. I lay down on the other couch and fall asleep.

Natsu's POV:
I wake up on the ground and sit up. I turn my head and see Levy's face about two feet away from mine then I look and see Gajeel on the other couch. I slowly get up and grab my phone from my pocket. I look at the time and the date. It was 11:01 am and the date was the 19th. "Welp we missed school again" I mumble to myself and walk to the cafeteria that was near the waiting room. I grab some pancakes and three waters. I pay and walk back to the waiting room. I walk towards Gajeel and wake him up "come on metal head, time to wake up. But be quite, we will just let Levy sleep." He roles off of the couch and starts so crawl around like he was a dog looking for something. I sweat drop "what are you doing Gajeel?" He stops and looks at me "where's Levy?" "On the couch" he nods and crawls over there. He gets on the same couch as Levy and snuggles up to her. "Gajeel.. I got you pancakes what the hell!?" He looks at me and motions me closer to him. "Give me the pancakes" he demanded and I hand them to him. He starts to eat them and leaves me four. He falls back asleep and now I'm left bored. I sit down my back against the choice and my back facing Gajeel and Levy. I fall back asleep after eating and dream about Lucy.
I feel something shaking me. I start to move away but I feel myself fall. Before I hit the ground I feel my head on something soft. I open my eyes and see someone's lap? I look up and see.. LUCY! I jump up really quick and hug her. She hugs me back and laughs. "Hey, Natsu? What Time is it?" She asked and I quickly pull back and look at my phone "oh it's 3:50" she nods and gets up and walks away. "We're are you going?" I ask and she turns back to me and smiles. She had tears running down her face "back home to my mom. I love you Natsu.. I'm sorry" my eyes widen and I start to chase her. She ran into her hospital room and when I ran in there she wasn't there. I start to freak out and scream for the nurses.

Almost there

Keep going

Just a little more

"HEY FLAME BRAIN!? WAKE UP!" I jump up to my feet breathing heavily and I look at Gray. "What were you screaming for?" Levy asked and all I could manage to say was "Lucy!" I run to her room and she was sitting there talking with Lisanna. Lucy looks at me and smiles "hey Natsu! Look I'm all better!" I run to Lucy and hug her "I THOUGHT YOU LEFT!" I yell "huh? What are you talking about?" She asked and I pull back and look at her "y-you asked me w.. what time it was and.. then you walked off! I asked where you were going and-and you said.. back home to my mom. I love you Natsu.. I'm sorry! I THOUGHT YOU ACTUALLY LEFT ME!" I say three sobs and then cry into her chest. She pats my head after a few seconds "Natsu... I'm not leaving you understand? You promised to stay by my side so I'm going to promise the same thing." I look up at her and she's smiling. I smile back and start to kiss all over her face. She giggles and then Gajeel walks in "Damn Natsu, get a room will you?" He laughs and then I glare at him "this is our room so you can leave I sat with a smug grin then he gave me a 'tch'. Lisanna, Lucy, Levy, and I laugh.
After awhile a nurse come in and tells Lucy her condition and the price we have to pay which I will gladly pay. Last but not least when she can leave. "Miss Heartfilia, you can leave her either later tonight or tomorrow morning." Lucy stops and thinks "what time can I be out of here tonight?" The nurse looks on her clip board "6:00, which is only two more hours" Lucy looks at me then back at the nurse "I want to leave tonight" the nurse writes something down and walks out. "Well Natsu.. looks like I'm going home!"