Radio Ga Ga™ Reddie [o.s]

:) Reddie Oneshot; Radio Ga Ga (:  

[ so i deleted my oneshot book very quickly 
bc i knew i would never update it but i made 
this oneshot and i wanted to share it so here 
we are . also, im not saying i like it, but im p 
happy with myself bc i actually wrote this 
all down on paper before typing it down here 
pls be proud of me moms ] 

The sun made its way downward in the sky, light hues of orange and purple radiating from its outer layers. Eddie pulled his sweater sleeves over his hands, shivering. Derry, Maine was known for being a devastatingly hot town, but something that all of the weather reporters seemed to forget how fucking cold  it could get during the winter. 

Despite the frighteningly low temperature that had decided to settle outside, Eddie sat on his roof with barely anything to protect him― wearing a thin sweater and knee-jorts. 

The boy often ventured to his rooftop when his insomnia got the best of him, or when he needed a break from everything that seemed to weigh down on him in life. He found that watching the sunset was extremely peaceful, helping you calm down and releasing your stressful thoughts. 

Eddie also noticed that cigarettes were remedy to the wave of boredom and anxiety that would sometimes wash over him. He felt much like a hypocrite, lecturing Richie and Beverly all day about how the cancer sticks would rot their lungs, while using them himself during the night. Unfortunately, he had forgotten his pack in his room when he decided to climb onto the roof earlier. 

The sun fully disappeared behind a cluster of tall pine trees in the distance, leaving Eddie with just the purple sky and a few forming stars for light. 

Even with the main source of heat― if that's what you could call it― gone, the boy refused to surrender to the cold. He pulled his knees to his chest and pushed his sweater over his exposed legs, which had covered themselves in goosebumps sometime in the past hour. The wind found loopholes, obviously, sweeping through the neck hole and creeping up underneath Eddie's thighs. 

Crickets started singing and the sky turned from purple to a dark blue, stars sparkling across their canvas. 

 Eddie, though freezing, sighed in content. It was as if he was in his own imaginary realm, another little world, with no one there to bother him. 

His thoughts spoke too soon. 

"Eds? Eds, where are you?" 

Eddie took his last peaceful breath of the night. 

"Ah, there you are!" the annoying voice of Richie Tozier came from over the edge of the roof before his head appeared as well. Eddie, much too tired to talk, lifted a hand in greeting. Richie propelled himself the rest of the way to the top of the roof, sending Eddie a gleaming smile. 

"I thought I sensed hotness up here," the taller of the two said, popping down criss-cross next to Eddie. 

Eddie nodded, not really paying attention to Richie's statement. He scooted closer to his best friend, leaning into his side. "You feeling alright, Spaghetti?" Richie asked, his crystal blue eyes radiating with affection. "Mhm. Just tired. Haven't been sleeping. Y'know," Eddie responded. 

Though he was totally and completely exhausted, Eddie's eyes were wide open. All of his senses were hyperactive at night, he couldn't help it. He could feel Richie's warm breath blow steadily against his chocolate curls. He could see the shadow of a high-flying bird crows over a spot on the roof in front of him. He could hear the rumpling of nearby raccoons searching trashcans. He could smell a barbecue cooking from a nearby neighbour's backyard.