Ch.1 Beginning

~Ayame pov~

My mum was stood in the kitchen, minding her own business. We don't really talk to each other much.

It would be nice to spend more time with her.

I nervously played with my fingers, "Mama?"

She hums to show she was listening.

"Can we go to the park?" I begged.

Pausing, she considered my request , "Well... I don't see why not."

I eagerly beamed at the answer , running to grab my coat and shoes.

~*~

When we got to the park, the first thing I did was go on the swings.

I wasn't very sociable and didn't have any friends.

There was this one groups of girls that picked on me at school because I didn't really interact with others and I was different.

The main reason I didn't talk to anyone was because I was afraid, the first week I tried to make friends but no one was interested .

It was like I was invisible.

I swung silently, watching kids chasing each other and using the slide, a group of smaller kids were playing in the sandbox together.

My thoughts were cut off by my mother , "Time to go Ayame."

I sighed to myself, wishing we could've stayed longer.

Hopping off the swing, I dusted off my clothes and bounded after my mother.

It was summer so the sun was starting to set pretty early and it was starting to get dark.

I trailed after my mum closely, afraid of the darkness lurking in the alleyways.

BANG!

My head whipped to the side, alarmed by the sound.

Turning to face my mum, I noticed her wide-eyed expression.

She grabbed my arm, dragging me quicker towards the direction of our house.

My mum was constantly muttering to herself but I don't think she even realised herself.

I couldn't make out anything she was saying, but I don't think I was meant to hear anyway.

BANG!

"Run, they've come for me and they're after you." My mum commanded .

"W-what , that's crazy! I'm not leaving you." Tears streamed down my cheeks.

She glared at me, "Stop making this harder, just go already. I don't have time to explain."

She shoved a box the size of my palm into my hand, "Take this and read it when you're safe, it will explain everything. I hope you can understand this was for the best."

I muffled my sobs, turning and sprinting round the corner, I glanced back one last time to see a gun to my mothers head then....

BANG!

Blood painted the wall, as her body slumped over dead.

The mysterious man then started looking around as if searching for something or someone.

Then it dawned on me, he was looking for me.

I knew I couldn't outrun him.

My heart was pounding, what am I meant to do?

THINK!

I ran into a nearby alley and quickly looked round seeing no one there .

In the dark corner of the alley, was a small passage and a dumpster.

As quietly as I could, I rolled the dumpster so it was slightly hiding the passage , then I sat in the passage just behind the dumpster.

I slowed my breathing, silent tears cascaded down my cheeks.

I'm not sure how long I was sat there, but eventually , I felt into a slumber.

~*~
_____________________________________
626 words

A/n I looked back at this book and it's so cringe , but I don't want to change the plot or anything because I liked my ideas. I'm just trying to make it better by editing the crap out of it. I realised all my chapters are around 500 words so they'll still be around that length. And you'll know a chapter is edited because of my new writing format in this chapter.