Ch. 2 Orphanage

~Ayame pov~

When I woke up, I was no longer by the dumpster and someone had changed my dirty clothes.

I sat up, rubbing my eyes in confusion.

Where was I? This wasn't a hospital.

The room had lots of bunk bed and the blue faded paint on the walls had cracks in. It looks like some sort of cheap hostel.

Where was the box my mum gave me?

I panicked, frantically searching my clothes.

The door opened as I jumped up in shock.

"Ah, you're awake." The woman smiled kindly.

She was wearing what looked to be a maid outfit.

"You can call me Natsuki." Natsuki noticed my panicked expression, "You're looking for the box right?"

She held up the small,  black box as I nodded recognising it.

Natsuki took a plastic chair and sat it next to my bed, sitting down on it.

Silently, I was handed the box.

Now she was closer, I had a closer look at her, she had short , pink hair and pink eyes .

She had a small , petit frame and had a blank look on her face.

"When we found you, you were clutching that box tightly. And we brought you here , do you have parents?" Natsuki smiled sweetly as if she was trying not to startle me.

"Ah, I don't know who my father is and my mother.." I choked up at the image of my mother's body bloody and slumped over in the alley.

"It's ok, take your time." Natsuki coaxed.

Tears spilled for my eyes, "S-she's dead."

I felt myself being pulled into someone's chest, an arm stroking my back soothingly.

Natsuki held me until I managed to calm my breathing and more or less stop crying.

"Well, this is an orphanage , so we'll take you in, you just need to give us your name, birthday and some other information."

I nodded in agreement.

~*~
It had been 2 years of me being in the orphanage , I was still pretty quiet but I did make a few friends.

Eventually , one after another , they got adopted.

And I was left all alone again. It was always the same.

I remember a few months back, I found a pack of dvds at the back of the room, hidden in the corner.

They were probably hidden by someone else in the orphanage, there were only TVs in the maids dorm rooms.

The cover was colourful and displayed four characters, it was called Naruto.

I snuck out on several occasions and ended up watching the whole show.

When I was done with it, I put it back where I found it.

~*~

I stood on the balcony in the shared room, it was late at night so everyone else was asleep.

The stars twinkled brightly, why am I so alone?

Pondering the question, I stared at the sky.

Suddenly, a shooting star went past.

It sounded silly, but I decided to make a wish.

I want to have somewhere to belong, somewhere that I won't be left behind, somewhere I can truly call home.

Then a flash of light surrounded me.

WHAT!?

~*~

_____________________________________
542 words

A/n editing isn't taking too long since most of my chapters are short I hope people will read the new edited version.