Ch. 17 The great Naruto Bridge

~Ayame pov~

I slowly peeled open my eyes and looked at my surroundings.

Where a I? In an instance everything came back to me the fight.

SPLASH! what?

I looked around to see Gato being pushed into the water by Zabuza.

Oh, so that's I am.

Ayame!" A big blob of orange knocked me off my feet.

"Oof..Naruto you Baka!" I yelled.

~*~

Tazuna told us he was calling the bridge the Great Naruto Bridge because apparently Naruto saved it...pfft.

Yeah right , me and Sasuke did all the fighting while Sakura dumbly stood there and Naruto , if possible made every situation worse.

I snapped out of my train of thoughts just to see Naruto and Inari both balling there eyes out and hugging.

~*~

We finally made it to the leaf and Kakashi left to go report to the Hokage.

"So uh Sakura.." Naruto started " wanna go get ramen because we are a.. Team"

"like I would ever do that right Sasuke-kun" Sakura giggled.

I gave her a knowing look til she understood she hurt Naruto's feeling.

Her smile dropped and she tried to make the situation better "Ne, Naruto maybe some other time."

I swear Naruto's face lit up so much just then.

"Come on Naruto Ramen... I will pay" I said in a vain attempt to cheer him up. But boy did I regret that...

~*~

I stared at the piled empty bowls and then looked at my empty wallet.

Why? I internally cried.

Why did this have to happen to me... Wait why did I agree to this.

I slowly trudged all the way home this is horrible.

I flopped down on my sofa and sighed.

Wondering what was happening back at the orphanage , I mean do they even remember me being alive or do they think I ran away?

I don't know but it's not really my problem right?

What if I wake up and realized I was dreaming or in a coma?

I hope not or I would be so sad. I am so grateful to whatever saved me and brought me here. Thank you!

~*~

Today we have the day off but tommorow we go back to boring missions so I am deciding to hang out with Sakura for bonding time and to get her mind off Sasuke .

"Hey Sakura-chan you doing okay?" I smiled.

"yes thanks." Sakura replied.

~*~

We did a lot of shopping and we were both definetly broke but luckily we have missions tommorow.

We both dropped our bags off and decided for the last stop to be the hot springs.

Me and Sakura both sighed in contentment.

" Ne Sakura-chan I had a great idea. What about a sleepover at my house?"

~*~

_____________________________________
463 words

A/n my WiFi keeps going on and off :(