Chapter 12

Roni's POV

I opened my eyes to a shirtless guy hovering over me

I opened my eyes to a shirtless guy hovering over me. What the fuck?! I gasped as I realized who this was.

"Cody?" He smiled down at me, which surprisingly made me relax.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him and he kissed my neck.

"You asked me to come upstairs with you, baby. You said you wanted me." He said, looking into my eyes.

I looked around the room, which looked so unfamiliar.

"Oh, I must've forgot." I said and he put his lips on mine briefly. He continued to kiss on my body, feeling me up and down with his hands and I grunted.

Wait. Why would I ever say that to him? We're not even together. I pushed him away a little.

My eyelids grew heavy again. I struggled to keep my eyes open because who knows what he'll do to me. He could've done something already while I was passed out.

"What are you doing? I have a boyfriend." I was confused as hell. Why am I in bed with him?

"It's ok, baby. Relax." He said in my ear and I shuddered.

"Get away from me." I tried to get out from under him, but he was too strong. I struggled and started to scream, but he put his hand over my mouth. I felt him pull up my dress.

"Fuck, Veronica. You look so fucking good." He groaned out, rubbing me. I whimpered, struggling even more to get out of his hold.

I reached for my purse, which I thank god that it was still slung around my shoulder. I unzipped it with my free hand and grabbed my pepper spray, holding it up to his face and squeezing my eyes shut before spraying it in his eyes.

"Owwww, shit!" He screamed in pain, covering his eyes and falling over the bed. I got up and made sure my belongings were with me before dashing out of the room.

I pulled out my phone to see that it was almost 3 am. I saw so many texts and missed calls from Sammy and Elise. Shit. I dialed Elise first and she picked up on the first ring.

"Oh my god, Roni! Thank god, where are you? Lisa and I have been looking for you for like an hour!" Elise screamed at me.

"I'm so sorry. I'll explain later. Where are you now?" I questioned.

"We're outside, by my car. Hurry, please." She said and hung up. I made my way outside, running as fast as I could before something else happened to me. I made it to Elise's car and I felt tears roll down my cheeks.

"Roni, what happened? Are you ok?" Lisa pulled me into a hug and I finally felt safe. I cried so hard and I felt Elise's arms wrap around me, too.

"What happened, Roni?" Elise asked me.

"Cody. He saw that I was drunk and tried to take advantage of me, but I pepper sprayed him. I feel so disgusting. I can't believe he'd do that to me." I explained in between sobs.

"Cody? You mean your ex?" Elise questioned again and I nodded, pulling away from Lisa.

"I'm sorry." I continued to cry and Elise pulled me in for another hug.

"It's not your fault, Roni. Don't apologize. Let's get you to my house, ok?" She suggested and I nodded. I'll just text Sammy later.

Elise helped me into the back seat, then closed the door for me and sat in the driver's seat. Lisa sat in the front passenger seat. Elise pulled out of the parking lot and onto the main road.

"He didn't hurt you, did he?" Lisa asked, looking back at me. I shook my head. We sat in silence for a few minutes. I think I should just go back to Sammy's house. I just need his comfort right now.

"Can you drive me to Sammy's instead, please?" I asked Elise.

"Yea of course." She said and turned the car around, in the direction of Sammy's house.
———

I got out of the back seat.

"Thank you so much. We'll talk later?" I asked.

"Yea." Elise nodded with a smile.

"And Lisa, it was great meeting you. I had a great time." I smiled.

"Ditto girl. See ya." She smiled, too. We waved to each other and soon, they were off.

I made my way past the gate and up the stairs. I typed in the passcode to the door and it opened. As soon as I entered, I saw Sammy pacing around, running his hands through his hair. He looked really frustrated.

"Sammy?"

He looked up at me and his features started to relax. He sighed in relief and walked over to me, engulfing me in a hug. I hugged him back and just broke down once again.

"You had me worried about you, Roni. I didn't get any sleep." He said, kissing my head.

"My ex almost raped me. I-I got drunk and--. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to keep you up and worry you." I cried and he held me even tighter.

"It's ok, Roni. Don't apologize. He didn't hurt you or anything, right?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Let's go to bed." He said and lifted me bridal style to his room. He laid me onto his bed and closed our doors. I stood back up and tried to unzip my dress. As I did, the zipper got stuck, making me groan.

I felt cold hands on my back, making me shiver a little. I turned my head to see Sammy unzip my dress for me. When he did, he ran his hands down my sides and rested them on my waist. I bit my lip as he started to kiss on my neck.

"Are you sure you're ok, Roni?" He asked me.

"Yea, I'm fine." I nodded, then he stepped away from me. I took my dress off, leaving me in my panties and heels.

Sammy appeared in front of me and pulled off his shirt, handing it to me. I took it from him and put it on. He gently pushed me down onto the bed and took my heels off for me.

"Thank you." I thanked him. He crawled toward me, placing his lips on mine. I whimpered, a little uncomfortable and he pulled away.

"Roni—."

"I'm fine, ok? I promise." I answered again and he nodded, kissing my forehead. Then, he went around me to get to the other side of the bed. He lied down next to me. I turned to face him and he put his lips to mine again.

"Good night." He said and pulled me into his arms.

"Good night." I said back and fell asleep.