Chapter 29

Sam's POV

"Fuck!" I growled, punching a wall

"Fuck!" I growled, punching a wall. Stephen fucking kidnapped Roni and wants $180,000 to let her go. I have our daughter here because he left her in the car. She's been crying hysterically and won't even let me touch her. She's staying as far as possible away from me. I don't even know her name. She won't talk to me.

"MOMMY!!!!" She screamed again and I groaned in frustration. I got up from the couch and went into the kitchen to try and find candy to get this little girl to shut up. I found a lollipop and came back out.

"You want candy?" I asked her and she stopped completely. She nodded. I gave her the lollipop and she mumbled a thank you.

I waited a few minutes before talking to her just to make sure she was calm.

"So, what's your name?" I asked her and she looked up at me.

"Lia." She whispered.

"Do you know who I am?" I asked her and she shook her head. "I'm your dad." I told her and her eyes widened.

"Really?" She asked and I nodded, making her smile, which made me smile.

"My birthday wish came true!!!" She squealed and jumped on me and I caught her. She started to squeal and I kissed her head. I felt tears sting my eyes. She wished that she'd see me. I feel horrible for not trying harder to be in her life. But I'm glad I finally get to hold my little angel. Me and Roni's angel.

All that's missing is Roni. And I'm willing to do anything to get her out. Looks like Stephen will get what he wants. I just hope she's ok. I swear, if Stephen touched her, he's gonna regret it.
——

A few days later...

Saturday night @ 11:29 pm...

I made it to the address Stephen texted me. The alley was dark and it was cold. I was honestly afraid to be here, but I'm doing this for Roni.

I had the money he asked for in a briefcase. I feel like I'm in a movie right now. It was probably not a good idea to be here, but I needed to get Roni out of here.

"Well, Sammy. I'm surprised to see you. I thought that you and Roni weren't together." I heard an all too familiar voice greet me.

I turned around to see him and two other guys. One of them had Roni slung over his shoulder. She was naked and bruised everywhere and tied up.

"What the fuck did you do to her?!" I growled, my fists balling instantly.

"Don't worry, she's fine. Put her down boys." He said and the guard obeyed. They really messed her up. I took a deep breath and handed Stephen the briefcase.

"Great doing business with you, Samuel." He chirped and he and his guards walked away. As soon as they were gone, I dropped down on my knees, crying.