THE Dinner

It was time for dinner and at the moment me, my mom and Jax we just getting ready and doing the last minute perfections my mom insisted on. She sent my brothers off to their friends house for the night because apparently they didn't need to be here. Wish I didn't need to be here.

I had 3 minutes to get my shit together and man up. Jax was currently helping my mom set food on the table while I placed the silverware.

"Can we please call this off mom?" All I got was a glare and a knock from the door.

I felt a wave panic wash over me and obviously Jax felt my panic because I felt the his hands in mine and a firm squeeze.

"You'll be fine." I laughed but, smiled appreciating us support.

"You can't predict the future, and dont try now." He let out a laugh and gave me another mental point.

My mom looked at us and our hands intertwined. She smiled. She was happy that I was happy. She was always a fan of Jax and would always press me about him and was always like, 'you should date him and you might see him as a friend but do you see the way he looks at you?' The same things I got from people at school. But I think she only promoted it so much because she liked that I acted like myself around him.

We all walked to the door and my mom opened it being greeted by Ethan and his mom. I glared at Ethan but smiled at his mom and gave her a hug. Even though I hate her son, I still loved her.

"How have you been Kian?" DeDe said while hugging my mom and Jax. Which made Ethan look very confused. That's what happens when you leave for two years asshole.

"Good, how about you?" I asked walking into the dining room. I realized my hand was getting sweaty from still holding hand with Jax. I looked at him knowing I hate sweat and he let go. But for some reason I instantly felt cold.

"Good, glad to have my son back home." My eyes wander over to Ethan and he was being quiet not trying to talk to me for whatever reason but I'm not complaining.

I don't respond to her because I felt that would be weird. We all just sat down at the table. My mom sat at the head and Ethan's Mom sat to her left and I sat to her right Jax sat next to be and Etan was arcross from him

"Well dinner is ready help yourself." After that my mom just carried on a conversation with DeDe about work and other things while I and Jax fought over why the tomatoes are so small in the salad. Being more touchy and flirty with him than I ever am.

Ethan sat there awkwardly eating his lasagna. Jax being the amazing guy he is gave him no thought and just paid attention to me.

"Do you like the meal Ethan? I know lasagna your favorite, so I tried to make it great." And just like me Jax chocked on whatever he was eating and I smiled. Now he understands.

I cocked my head to the side and he smiled at me while his face was recovering from the actual tomato it had become.

"Are you okay Jax." he nodded and drank water

"You just never make my favorites Ms.Bloom." He said in a dramatic voice that made me almost laugh. He felt neglected. Poor Jax.

"Oh Jax hush. What even is your favorite food considering you only eat healthy everything." My mom said trying not to fall to deep in this whole thing.

"We'll it's lasagna for your information Mrs.Bloom." This made me laugh. He has not touched the lasagna and I knew his favorite food.

"No it's not." I blurts out chuckling a bit

"Yes it is I'm a lasagna enthusiast." He said in a matter of fact way and now everyone except Ethan was laughing.

"You hate lasagne your favorite food on a good cheag day is a burger protein style Werdio." I shoved his shoulder and he grabbed my hand and slid his fingers between them making sure everyone could see. He was also being extra flirty today because of his ego and his own insecurities. I already knew this was going to happen and that's why I invited Jax in the first place.