This is the new normal

Jaylen was sick to his stomach at the thought of Asia. He spent all night texting her with no respond. He was tempted to even come over but I knew she needed her space. Didn't make him feel any better. He got ready for school as fast as he could.

Asia arrives greeting everyone and smiling like normal. She had theater for Zero hour so she got out right on time for her friends to see her.

Lillian greeted Asia, "Asia girl, you have to try this. That new bakery just opened."

"Omg the one that has a cookie named after you."

"The one and only." They see Zara coming down the hall not paying attention at all.

Zara stops in front of them super chessey, Asia snapped her fingers, "Uh earth to Zara."

"Oh hey yall." She greeted way to cheery.

Lillain smiled, "Okay what did you and Quincy do after you left and why are you smiling?"

"We may have just texted each other all night and talked till morning."

Asia teased,"Oh did that lead to sexting?"

"Will you stop! We need to keep this on the downlow. Promise?" They do their handshake putting another secret into to the dark hole. Lillain and Zara head to class first.

Jaylen spots Asia at her locker alone. He takes long steps to get to her but sees a familiar face stop to speak to her.

Jaylens blood boiled again.

Anastasia cant even look at him. "I see you were smart and kept your mouth shut." Jon said to her. Her hand started shaking grabbing her laptop.

"Leave me alone."

"See that's something I can't do. You're mine and will always be mine. It's okay when we get married I'll be gentle." Was the last thing he said before Jaylen pushed him onto the floor away from Asia.

She saw the same look he had the other night and knew she had to stop him. She stood in front of him as he stared daggers at Jon.

"Dont you ever come near her again, do you understand me?!" He yelled getting the attention of others. Adrian ran over to them.

"What is going on?" He asked helping Jon up. Asia avoided his glare and took Jaylens hand.

"Can we just please go. I dont want to make a scene." Asia closes her locker and goes to the nearest music room.

Adrian was still confused at what just happened. Even more so that Anastasia said nothing to him all morning. He looked to Jon for answers.

Jon dusted his self off and acted like it wasn't a big deal. "I didn't even do anything. I was talking to Asia when he just attacked me. Dude I think he likes your sister."

"No way. Asias not even his type."

"You think Asia is no ones type. Just trying to look out for her too."

In the music room Anastasia dropped her bag in the middle of the floor and sat at the piano. Jaylen watched as she stared at it for a couple of minutes.

"Asia?" She looked up at him, her eyes gleamed. She tried to stop her hands from shaking but forced her self to play.

Every thought, every feeling she had running through her came through her onto the keys.

Jaylen stood there observing her play out what she been going on inside of her.

Asia had her eyes closed the hold time trying to stop the flow of tears but she couldn't. When she got to the point of sobbing Jaylen sat next to her and held her in his arms.

The next class bell rings and Asia pulls away from him. She wipes her face and looks in her camera on her phone. Jaylen just watches her not saying anything.

Anastasia puts her phone away and looks at him. She smiles with her puffy eyes.

"Sorry you missed first hour."

"Anytime you need me I'll be there. Are you feeling better?"

"Yeah. My mom is stressing me out over nothing. All shes focused on is Adrian." Asia feels her phone buzzing. She answers it.

Zara freaked, "Where the hell are you?"

"I'm coming." She hung up.

"We better go." Walking out into the hall full of students. Asia tries to blend in still saying hi to everyone. Jaylen watches her walk away then heads to his next class.

The rest of the day went normal. Few jokes here and there, Group chats and playing around.

At the end of the day Myles and Zara went to meet the rest of the bears cove team. Lillian to start work at her grandfather's company. The boys went to lacrosse practice. Anastasia had show choir practice.

During lacrosse, anytime Jaylen had a chance to, he would run in Jon hard.

At some point, Adrian put him as goalie to stay away from Jon.

Dre asked him, "Dude what is your problem with Jon?"

"What do you mean? I'm just practicing." Jaylen said playing dumb. " Come on let's get back to it." Jaylen gets into position acting normally.

Karly was just getting done with cheerleading practice when she saw Asia walking from the Cafe with an ice coffee.

"Anastasia?" She saw Karly and it felt like she was having knots in her stomach. She stopped while Karly came closer to her.

Luckily no one around.

"Please don't tell your brother."

"You and Jon are so wrong. I can't believe the two of you. Just leave me alone."

"Wait why haven't you told him?"

"I'm not going to the one that breaks his heart." Karly thought for a moment. Asia tells her brother everything.

"Ha so it's TRUE! Jon told me that he got you to hush up. What does he have on you?"

Asia was over it. She turned to walk away and Karly just followed. Outside the school doors, Karly caught up to her. She grabbed Asia stopping her.

"Tell me."

"Go ask your piece of shit love." Karly still wasn't letting go. Asia had, had enough. She poured her drink on Karly getting her to let go instantly.

Anastasia stormed away towards her car when she saw Jon, Adrain and Jaylen headed up from the stadium.

Adrain ran to Karly who was freaking out. Jon watched while Jaylen headed towards Asia.

She continued to walk to her car hoping to avoid everything.

Jaylen catches up. "Hey, uh what did she want?"

"Dumb shit. How was practice?"

"So so. Just let off a bit of steam."

"Coo. Well text me later."

"Okay, see ya." Asia got in her car and drove home.