ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝟚

The house used to fill with laughter, and the sounds of cluttering from her mother's clumsiness have now gone entirely.

Only eeriness feeling emitted by their house surrounded by yellow tapes.

Standing in front of the house, Tony and Happy, and Pepper can't stop frowning from the moment they arrive at the location.

They have ridden different cars as Eve didn't want to go with them, and Tim needs to be at the scene as she still under his care until Tony decided to take her under his supervision.

Never in a million years will anyone ever think that someone even lives in a house that appears to fall apart at any moment.

There are even haunted vibes coming out of it with vines crawling around and the woods creaking at every step they take.

Moving the yellow tape away, Eve walks directly towards the door, but she froze by the door.

The others watch her in silence.

Eventually, she opens the door, and the sound of the door creak open send chills over her spine, remembering the last memory of her hearing the sounds also the same times as when she found her mother's cold body lying lifelessly.

Her steps were careful as she walks in, almost tip-toeing.

She stops right over where Evaleen's body used to lay.

Only the dried puddle of blood-colored the wooden floor left, but the body was no longer there.

"Eve-" Tim carefully follows her as if she's a scared little deer, frown at the sight of the girl was about to ask her condition, but she turns away and continues her ways to her room.

The officer sigh and turn toward the trio that also follows inside. "Please don't touch anything in here. This house is still a crime scene."

"Understood." Tony gives him an 'ok' sign while clenching his lip.

The three of them were taken away by the inside of the house. They did expect the place to be much house-like, but what they see is much more than they expected.

By the side of what seems to be a living room is a sofa with patched clothes. On the opposite side is the kitchen with a dining table that is enough for two people with mismatched chairs.

No carpet, television, radio, or curtains around the house. Only rusty refrigerator, moveable stove, kitchenware, and a kettle.

Tony was frowning all as he looks around the house condition. If she is his daughter, his heart swells at the thought that he was living the life out of himself while she only lives in such situations.

She was walking up the stairs where he last saw the girl gone up too.

He walks past a room that the door was open just enough for him to peek.

Inside of it is a mattress lying on the ground with a nightstand beside it, a wooden closet, and a small mirror hanging by the wall.

But there something inside of him, finding something that doesn't sit right with him; he just can't point his finger out.

"That's mom's room."

Eve's voice snaps him out of his thought.

Her brunette hair is damp from showering. A pale blue towel resides on her shoulder, damping the new dark green hoodie, but she didn't seem to mind.

Watching her disappear into a room next to where he's standing, he follows her.

Eve's room wasn't so different from her mother's except for not having a nightstand. Only stacks of books and notes decorating the room. Even the racks filled with books of various genres with minimum space to move around.

Some of them are school textbooks for all grades, revision books, and personal journals.

Tony's frown is deeper as he watches the girl packing some clothes into a duffle bag and some journals into her backpack. Walking into the room, Eve watched him from the corner of her eyes.

Watching him pick a revision book for engineering university's students, flickering over the pages, he noticed there are notes and additional draws on every side of them.

He put it down and pick another book for another course, the same handwriting and some drawing in them.

"You were home-schooled?" He asks out loud.

"Sometimes." She answers, picking up the bags.

"By who." Tony look over her, surprise written all over himself.

"Me and some people." Eve simply states and walk away. "Let just get this over with."

He watches her disappear over the corner and glance over the books lying open around the room. Sighing, he follows her out of the room and over to where the others are waiting.

"Do you live here?" He heard Happy asked.

"Do you think before you speak? Because you don't sound bright from it." The girl shoots back.

"But there's no fan." Added Happy, brushing off her sasses.

"Open the window; there, something call wind can flow inside."

"TV?"

"Go outside, plenty of drama to watch."

"Microwave, oven?"

"Waste of money."

Tim sigh, knowing that those questions only angering the girl who still isn't in stable emotions. "Okay, now that you—"

Tony cut him off.

They all turn over after hearing the words coming out of the man.

"What did you just said?" Pepper asks, a bit bewildered but a soft smile on her lip.

"I said—" He took a deep breath. "I'm taking her in."