ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝟡

Eve watched as Tony kept blathering about how nasty Loki was, but she could only grasp a few words.

"Mayhem... Destroy... Douche bag... Arrogant... Full of himself.." then she tunes him off.

The billionaire stops rambling when he saw the bored look on his daughter's face. "Are you listening to me?"

"Hum? Yeah, but until 'that guy' then I stop listening."

Tony stared at her blankly. "That was the first two words that I said."

"Sure, sure." She deadpan.

"You have to listen to me. This guy is a perilous man. He can manipulate your brain, turning you into his puppet." He seeks to reason her so the girl won't make an attempts to approach the god.

Eve glances at her father. "I thought you would be there to protect me?"

The man goes speechless and gazes at the girl, shock by her sudden choices of words, but she just lingers in silence.

"Of course I will." He finally says.

"So, what the predicament?"

"Ok fine." Tony breathed out, chest-puffing proudly. "Go pack your bags. No more turning back now, you understand?"

'That was easy.' The brunette thought, shuffling to her assigned room.

It didn't take her too long to pack up her stuff since she barely took anything out of the bags that she brought from her old house

Now, Eve sat on the edge of her bed, gazing outside of the glass windows, silently watching the waves crashing among themselves and some hitting the rocks, creating splashes.

Sadly, the moon decided to hide from her tonight, just twinkles of stars that seem lesser than usual filling the empty dark sky.

She remembers how much she loves to stare at the moon and connect the stars, shaping them into anything she can come up with alongside her late mother.

The younger her doesn't need toys or dresses, time with her mother would be enough for her and knowing that her mother will no longer sing a lullaby, whispering sweet words, giving her nicknames such as sweetie, honey, and her favourite, lil' sparrow.

Bringing up one of her knees to rest her chin. She looks deep in thought, eyes staring blankly as the dark clouds starting to move, hiding the stars.

"It just been few days, and I already miss you, mom. You still didn't finish your story meeting the guy that can control metal or the one with a fucking long fingernail. There still many things that I want to know, mom. You still didn't solve my riddle. You still didn't receive your gifts this year or for the next several years. Your birthday coming up, and mother's day just a few months away. I have enough money to buy us dinner at a restaurant." A few drops of tears run down her cheeks. "I wish I can cook something for you on your special days, but I don't want to set our house on fire."

"I still didn't tell you how much I love you enough. I know you said this day would come when they'll found you. I know you already told me to be prepared, but how can I? How can I live each day knowing that I won't be greeted by your morning smile when I wake up? I miss you, mom. I truly do and always will."

-Meanwhile-

Tony was calling Pepper to tell her the news.

"What did she said?" Pepper asks from the other side.

Tony can hear the sounds of paper being flips, meaning she is still finishing up some works.

"She surprisingly agrees. Oh! Oh, hear this." He excitedly snaps his fingers. "We manage to have a whole conversation back-to-back. How cool was that?!"

"Really? That's wonderful, Tony." Pepper holler, also getting excited and happy for the man. "And you also able to talked her into with you, kudos."

"Yes, only cause she has a crush on that frosty god."

The red hair chuckles. "Oh, come on. I think Eve just curious. She seems the type that hunger for knowledge, just like someone with an ego as high as his tower."

"Hey, I'm a very humble person." The said man whine, defending himself.

Pepper snort. "Humble my ass."

Tony smirk. "I can help you with that."

"Of course you can." She rolls her eyes, unaffected by his flirt. "So, where is she?"

"Upstairs packing her bags." Tony throw few blueberries into his mouth.

"Then go see her."

"Why?" He pouted. "I want to talk with you more."

"Tony, go!" She commands before ending the call making the man fussed as he walks over to his daughter's room.

He was prepared to knock on the door when he hears soft sniffing coming from the room.

Frowning, he slowly and quietly opens the door. The sight of his daughter crying breaks his heart, increasing when he hears her say, "I miss you, mom."

Tony didn't know how to handle a crying teenager, but witnessing his daughter's shoulders shaking, he couldn't just let her be. So he quietly walks toward the girl and stops in front of her.

She seems to sense his presence since she tenses up and turn quiet but doesn't lift her head, probably not wanting to show her puffy red eyes.

Slowly and unsurely, he brought her over for a hug, letting her face covered by his stomach and smoother her hair.

He understands that she was the type that rarely shows her emotions; he understands it too much and to lose a parent? It like there's a curse running through the Stark's family.

Eve was shocked at the sudden move, but she didn't push him away; a hug wasn't so bad at all at the moments for her.

So she hugs him back, grabbing a handful of Tony backside shirt so hard that it makes contact with his skin, nearly making him whimper in pain but hold himself, not wanting to alarm the girl.

It was quiet except for the sound of Eve's crying and sniffing. Her body is shaking, and soft whimpers can be heard coming from her.

Tony keeps patting and kissing her head. There are no words that can ease down the feeling when you lose someone that meant the world for you.

It hurt him to see her like this, but he understands the feeling of losing that person. Especially losing his mom at a young age.

He let her unleash her feeling, hoping that it would make her feel better, even for a little.

After all, everyone has their limits of holding back.