ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝟛

Arriving at the Avengers Tower, Eve peek over the tower.

"That one ugly tower."

Tim sigh, parking the police's car. "Please be cooperative."

"I tried, didn't I?" She leans back over her seat and glances over the officer.

"Your mother—" With a glare from the girl, he stops himself from finishing his sentences.

Eve didn't utter any words back and walk out of the car, leaving the man sighing.

Following the three of them, Eve glances around the tower, watching workers greeting the billionaire and rushing around to wherever they are supposed to be.

Some of them even giving her and Tim a confused look as to why an officer is accompanying a girl and what they are doing with the tower's owner.

A brown scruffy short-haired man wearing glasses approaches them with a smile. He's wearing a lab coat layering his blue and white stripe shirt pair with simple beige trousers.

"Hey, Brucie." Greet Tony as he is taking off his orange/red sunglass.

"Tony? What bring you here? I thought you are on vacation?" he frowns, seeing some people that he didn't recognize.

"Yeah... I need your help..." Puckering his mouth, glancing over where the young brunette is, then back at his lab partner.

"S-sure, why don't we speak privately?" The motion for them over the elevator.

"Good thought."

"I see—" Bruce nods, understanding, taking his glasses and put them on top of the lab desk. "Sure, we can do that. Will take some time, but I could with it."

Tony has informed the man about the whole situation, and he appears to be understanding while Eve was feeling a bit adventurous.

It was left with the three of them as Tim has to go back to the station after receiving a call while Happy and Pepper have gone to get some food for them.

After taking enough blood sample, Bruce chuckle watching the girl's head turn away from the needle.

"Afraid of the needle?" He asks, putting the sample into a tube beside Tony's.

"Just not fond of them." She simply answers, pulling down her sleeve.

"Any bad experience?"

Eve was glad that none of them notice that she flinch for a seconds before saying. "Kind of."

As they wait for a DNA test to come out, Eve walks around the lab, avoiding Tony eyes, who were watching her. The tension inside the room was so thick that it's unbearable.

Poor Bruce has been sweating from the tension surrounding him that even Hulk himself didn't want to come out.

"You know me didn't you?"

"Bragging much?" Eve open a journal written by Bruce over his research of gamma radiation. "You're the Hulk?" She yells out over the scientist.

Bruce scratches the back of his neck nervously. "W-well, I-I—" Sighing. "Yes."

"Cool." She put the journal back down, nodding.

"I'm not talking about me being Iron-"

"I know what you're talking about." Eve cut his speech. Turning toward him with her back leaning against the edge of the table. "You're asking if I know you for you are to me. Then yes, I know."

"So why denied it?" Tony stood up.

The girl's eyes turn cold. "Do you recognize my mother? Do you remember the name Evaleen Dyne?"

"I-I-I don't!" He answers truthfully.

"Then, don't bother." She hiss. "You can't continue your La-La Land of life and pretend I don't exist. Why let a 16 years old girl get in the way of you having your normal life with your girlfriend? May you end up having a daughter with her? Who knows? Win-win right? So forget about the test and send me the fuck away."

Tony's eyes sadden over her words, but he also confuses why she keeps pestering him not to take her under his custody. "I can't—"

"Of course you can!" Eve sneers, approaching him abruptly. "You know what you have to do. You just—"

"The result is out!" Bruce enters the room with a smile, and his hand is wavering with the test's result.

"Are we fortune teller or what?" Pepper jokes as she arrives with Happy. In their hands full of foods and drinks.

"Here." The Gama researcher passes it over to his science partner.

His fingers trail over the paper, contemplating, glancing over the girl who looks restless from where she's sitting the over the form.

He knows what he has to do.

Opening the envelope, he can almost feel the displeased feeling coming from the young brunette and his eyes hungrily reading the result.

"You know, didn't you?"

"Obviously." She states calmly.

"Did she know?" Tony was mentioning Eveleen, Eve's mother.

Eve glares at him. "More than you."

Tony frown sadly. "Why didn't she told me?"

Her glare becomes deadlier every second that even Happy shrink in fear. "She did, but you just didn't remember."

"What do you mean?"

"That means you dick."