ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝟙𝟟

Stopping by the lodge floor, Evelyn walked past the quiet room, but as she kept closing the kitchen, the sounds of someone cooking and the sweet heavenly smell reached her

Her steps aren't faint, but to focus on the tasks in her hands, Pepper didn't realize that she was no longer alone in the room, making her jump upon turning to pour another batch of pancake in the pan and finally noticing the girl.

"Good morning." Evelyn softly greeted, corner of her lip tugging upward as she held her laugh at the older woman jumpiness.

"Jesus Christ." She put down the pan that she didn't know she held tight as if a defence from an intruder. "Good morning, but please—don't do that again." She let out shaky breaths with her left pam pressing her thundering heart.

"Sorry. Didn't notice that didn't hear me coming." Eve state truthfully.

"No worries—Nat and Clint are the worse. You hardly hear them at all. Surprise the living hell of me." She shakes her head playfully with eyes like saucers before offering a plate with stacks of pancake. "Pancakes?"

"Are they belong to anyone?"

"I make enough for everyone. You can have those." Pepper reassured the brunette, already continuing cooking.

Humming in response. Evelyn pours some honey and decorates them with blueberries and chocolate chips.

"Is he awake?"

Pepper raises her eyebrows, silently asking the girl to elaborate further before eyes fall on the tray in her hands. Finally, the expression softens but with a hint of amusement. "He is still in his room. He was still asleep when I woke up. Had a rough night."

The young brunette nods with a smile before walking away, leaving the older woman to stare silently until her lover's daughter disappears.

Not long after that, Steve arrived from his usual morning jogs, followed by the twins, Vision, Clint and Natasha, who had just finished their training. Bruce came the last, but unlike others, his hair disarray from waking up from his short nap after spending all night in the lab.

"We saw Eve earlier. Was she holding Loki's breakfast?" Steve asked, walking straight to the fridge and taking out the orange juice.

"I swear if that moose thinks that he still a prince here—Hey!" Clint mutters while pouring his coffee before Natasha steals it away and offers it to Bruce.

The pioneer in gamma radiation gives her a sheepish thank and flashes an innocent look at the archer, who is already begrudgingly as he mutters 'the audacity of some people' and pours into another mug ends up taken once more by the same person.

"Oh, come on!"

"That smells heaven!" Pietro cheers, speeding off by his sister and starts filling his plate.