twenty five

*Possibly Triggering*

Novella came to tied to a chair. The duck tape that held her wrists to the arms of the chair was achingly tight and could only be compared to the tape on her ankles. She didn't know where she was or why, but something about the whole situation just screamed Victor. Maybe it was because her kidnapper had literally said his name.

She gave a little groan as she lifted her head from its position on her chest. A foggy pain was pounding against the insides of her skull which only increased the panic she was in.

"You're awake?" A low voice asked from beside her.

"Obviously. Why'd you ask a question if you already knew the answer?" That same daring nerve that set her apart and drew Victor's attention was now making a reappearance.

She looked over to the side to try and figure out who the voice belonged to, but the man was covered with a mask.

"Only cowards where a mask." She spit out. "If you're gonna kill me at least grant me the respect of seeing my murderer."

A low chuckle came from the man, who still hadn't moved.

"Oh I'm not gonna kill you. My partner on the other hand..." the man's voice faded out as another, larger, man made his way in.

"Don't scare her," the new man called out to his partner, "Owens there's a good chance you're not gonna die. As long as everyone does what they're supposed to do."

That voice. She knew that voice. It was the same voice that had screwed her up in the past. The same voice that had been one of the things to drive her from Georgia. It was his voice.

"Oh yeah? And who's everyone?" She questioned to the larger man who was still partially hidden behind the shadows, but she had a good idea of who it was. "If this is about my uncle, you're gonna regret this whole thing."

She was praying she was wrong, because this all being his doing, that would be too much. Seeing him again after this long would be too much.

"Gordon doesn't have a thing to do with anything. Now your boyfriend on the other hand..." she looked up as the man finally stepped into the light, "he's gonna regret a lot of things."

The man that was now fully on display was Novella's long ago ex boyfriend. Jackson Lorryn. She'd gone out with him through part of high school until he got unbearably clingy and she broke it off. He didn't take it so well. He'd shown up at her house for weeks just standing at the edge of their property line and staring at her window.

She'd thought that was the worst he'd be able to do, but then he got her alone. It was the most terrifying thing she'd ever experienced. The police had shown up in the nick of time, before he could do any real damage, but emotionally she was unstable. Gotham had helped tremendously over the last two years.

"Jackson you idiot! You honestly believe he cares about me? We're not even together anymore," Novella said letting out a laugh, "your whole plan is going to fall apart."

"No Novie dear, when you see how fast he falls to me you'll be the one who's the idiot. Then you'll come crawling back to me, a real man."

She couldn't help but laugh at the words that were coming out of his mouth. It was as if he honestly thought she'd ever want anything to do with him.