twenty two

*Mature themes ahead*

It was a good three hours before Victor finally made his way back to his apartment. The whole ordeal concerning Butch, and consequently his escape, had taken way longer than he'd wanted it to take. The constant thought that Novella was waiting for him had only fueled his annoyance at everything that had happened, but now he was walking through his apartment complex door and would soon see Novie.

"You know Victor, it's not polite to leave a girl waiting. Especially when they look like her." The voice of Mr. Morrison grabbed Victor's attention from the focus it had on getting up to his girl.

"That would be why I'm on my way up to her." He didn't really care that his words were sharp, he never did. Besides, it'd been a long day and he really didn't want to deal with the old man.

To Victor's great relief Mr. Morrison didn't say anything else to him, just lightly shook his head as he sifted through the papers on his desk. It took all of two minutes for Victor to go from the lobby up to his apartment, thanks to the elevator.

"Hey Novie," he called into his apartment as he opened the door. He'd expected her to have fallen asleep on the couch, but she was in the kitchen baking something.

"Oh! Hey Vic. So I know I didn't exactly ask if you were cool with me messing up your kitchen, but I made your favorite and you know that sometimes I bake when I'm kind of nervous and-" she was cut off by him pressing a chaste kiss against her lips. He looked over her shoulder at the pile of dishes in the sink and the timer that was set on the microwave, then to her face which had somehow wound up with batter on it.

"How did you manage to get batter on your cheek?" He laughed at the frustrated expression on her face, as if this was something she'd tried to avoid.

"Well, you see I'm not very sure." She grabbed a napkin and wiped it off her cheek before turning back to him, "Give me a few minutes to get this stuff cleaned up and then we can talk, okay?"

"What about we both clean this up and talk while we do that?"

"Okay." She pulled away from him and went to fill the sink up with soapy water.

"Obviously you said you're nervous. And you're probably in shock. What else do you need to talk about?" He looked at her in all seriousness, completely ready for whatever was to come out of her mouth.

"Well, both of those things are very true, but what's most alarming to me is this; out of everything that happened tonight, the one thing that worried me most was when Butch threw you over the bar. I know you can handle all that stuff, but seeing it is hard." She let out a laugh at how stupid she thought she sounded. "Gosh, I sound horrible. After everything that happened tonight and I'm making it about me."

"No you're not. You were worried. If it's any help I get worried for you sometimes." He pulled the dish in her hand away from her and placed it into the sink before pulling her to him.

"Oh really, do you now?" She looked up at him in fake wonder, "The great Victor Zsasz, ever emotionless, worries for little ole me. I feel special."

"Yeah you should," he placed a kiss to the top of her head, "because you're the only person that I'd worry about."

As he was about to place another kiss to her forehead she moved onto the tips of her toes and connected their lips. In less than three seconds the kiss had deepened and not much after that it broke into a full on make out session. Her legs found themselves wrapped around his waist and one of his hands was supporting just under her legs while the other was pressed against the side of her face.

Their lips were connected with a sort of passion that they hadn't experienced before. Novella could feel her dress ride up her thigh from where she was wrapped tightly around Victor's waist. One of her hands was digging into his neck and the other was gently resting on his head, while he had one hand supporting her body weight just under her legs and the other twisting into her lilac hair.