fifty two

Novella and Victor were sat in complete silence when a loud knock came from the door. Novella didn't jump as one would expect, but Victor was quick to answer the door. Ever since Jerome's demand of her to come to him, he'd been antsy. From bouncing his leg on the couch to running his hands through Novella's hair.

"Jim," Victor said. Jim pushed right past him and enveloped Novie in a hug. "Come in then."

"Dad we don't have time for this we need to go." Novella reluctantly let go of her father and put her coat on. "You already have Bruce and the brother, right? It took you a while to get here."

"Novella you aren't going to him. That's insane!" Novella cut her fiancé a look but he didn't give. "Think of the baby. You two are everything to me and I won't let him-"

"Then don't." Jim looked up to Victor's eyes from where he'd been thinking everything over. "You're the best shot in Gotham. We've already got our snipers set up, but we can get you a spot."

Victor looked between his girl and her father, both sets of baby blue eyes, and nodded his head.

"Okay."

They all stood for a few more moments before walking out the door to certain doom.

•*•*•*•

"What the hell do you think you're doing you psychotic bastard!" Icy eyes were fixed on Jerome Valeska as Potter Roum attempted to walk up to him. "You can't kill your brother!"

The tattooed girl was pitching the largest fit she had since the night of her parents' deaths. Her almost black hair was frizzy around her temples and face was flushed.

"I never said they were going to die now did I?" Jerome said in that matter of fact way of his that seemed mocking and mad at the same time. "Your sister is not this dramatic."

"Fuck you." Potter's eyes narrowed and it was only thanks to Jim, who had just shown up and was restraining the girl, that she didn't walk up to that stage and kick the Ginger's ass.

She pulled away from Jim and turned around with all the force in her body to hug the psychopath's twin brother. As she pulled away from the chest of her lover, her eyes locked with her best friend. Purple hair and blue eyes with hands placed firmly around her stomach.

"No. No no no." Potter shook her head with each word as she stared at her friend. "Jeremiah is enough you can't go too."

"Nobody's going anywhere. We've got a secret weapon hidden, love." Novella sent a wink to her friend despite the feeling of fear in her own stomach. "You're still gonna be this kid's godmother."

Novella had a multitude of other questions, one of which being why she was with a psychopathic look alike. Now was not the time for that though.

"I'll be okay. Just watch and learn." And with that Novella Gordon walked away from her friend to stand with Bruce Wayne and Jeremiah Valeska.

•*•*•*•

"Well. Look who decided to show up. We were starting to get nervous. Especially, the mayor here."

Novella cut her eyes at the man onstage and wondered how could anyone ever love him. How could Potter's twin love him if even his own mother despised him?

"My guests of honor, please, take your seats onstage," Jerome said while motioning behind him. Novella looked at the scared people in the chairs and couldn't help but let her eyes focus on the IV. Whatever was in it wasn't going to be good.

"Come on. Don't be shy. It's all right. We don't have all day." That voice was like nails scratching across a chalkboard, no doubt a side effect of being stabbed in the throat.