twenty seven

Novie was in the hospital for a week after she woke up from her coma. Her days had consisted of waking up and talking to Vic before dozing off again. She'd gotten some of the best sleep despite all of her injuries.

"Okay, I'm going to pick you up and put you in the wheel chair." Victor took a step back from Novella and tilted his head tot he side as he contemplated how best to move her from point A to point B.

After a careful evaluation and the staring eyes of his girl, Victor decided to just pick her up and hope for the best.

"Ow-dude that's broken," Novie said through gritted teeth.

"Oh, yeah." Victor quickly sat her down in the chair and smiled a bit when she glared at him.

"So we'll head to your apartment to get Asterion and then to mine." Novella grabbed the plastic bag of her belongings that the hospital had collected from her when she was admitted.

"How about we reverse that?" Her attention was quickly brought to the man in front of her.

"Why would we go to mine first?" Her eyebrows scrunched together and her head went a little to the side.

"To get some of your stuff." He was trying to hint at something, but Novie just wasn't getting it. Probably because of the trauma.

"Why?"

"I think you should stay with me until you're better." Novie's whole face flushed at what he said, causing him to give her a smirk.

"I can take care of myself Victor." She narrowed her eyes at him, but that cherry red blush was giving her away.

"Yeah but it takes a while to get to your place and it'd just be easier if you were at mine just in case." He had a good point, but still Novie tried to protest.

"Victor I'll be-" she was cut off by a pointed look.

"Tell that to your broken leg and concussion."

"Well I would but that would be talking to myself and I've heard that's worrying behavior." Novella gave Victor a look like she was contemplating his suggestion.

"Alright smart ass."

"Aww you think my ass is smart? That's so sweet." She leaned her head over the back of the wheel chair to give Victor a smile, but quickly recoiled due to the headache that ensued.

"That's what you get."

"Shut up Zsaszels."

•*•*•*•

It was an effort on Victor's part to get Novella semi packed before they went to his apartment. The entire time she was saying how bad of an idea it was, or how she could "so take care of herself". By the time that they'd actually made it back to his place, she was somewhat resigned to the situation, because deep inside she knew she wouldn't be able to do much with all her health issues.

"Hello Mr. Morrison!" Novie's chirpy voice called out as soon as they walked through the old glass door of the complex.

"Good evening Miss. Owens," he smiled at the girl in the chair before turning to Victor and giving him a nod. "Victor."

"Charles." Novella could feel the tension between the two. The last time they'd all been together the two men seemed fine, but now it was extremely awkward.

"Well, it was nice seeing you again Mr. Morrison and I'm somewhat happy to say that I'll be seeing a lot more of you."

"Is that so?" Morrison's eyebrows raised ever so slightly in Victor's direction.

"Yes, she's moving in while she heals up." Victor motioned to her leg and bandages. "She's not ecstatic about it."

"That's a light way of putting it." Novella let out a huff and crossed her arms, making a piece of her hair fall over her face.

"Well, you two take care. And Miss. Owens?" Novella looked up from fixing her hair back. "Get better."

"Of course thanks sir."

•*•*•*•

As soon as Novie rolled into the apartment Asterion bounded over to her with his tail wagging like crazy. The woman let out an amused laugh as the dog leaned into the hand that she used to pet him.

"Hello love, I haven't seen you in a while. Has Vic here been taking care of you?" She looked right into the dog's eyes and talked in a normal tone.

"You do realize he can't understand you, right?" Victor asked her, but she just kept looking at the dog until it appeared as though Asterion shook his head.

"Is that right?" She again addressed the dog. "Well I'll just have to have a talk with him."

"This is a whole new level of weird."

"Shut it Zsasz, you tellin' me that you've never had a conversation with that cat of yours?" She turned to Victor, still keeping a hand on her dog.

"That's irrelevant." He didn't look away from her and all she did was smirk.

"That's what I thought." She finally let go of the dog and wheeled over to the kitchen. "So what's for dinner? I can't cook like this."

"I dunno. Pizza?" He scrunched up his forehead and a little frown came to his lips. Novie had labeled this his confused face.

"I just got out of a coma and you wanna feed me pizza?" She lifted an eyebrow.

"Uh-Yeah." His voice was a little unsure, most-likely due to the serious face that Novie had.

"Yay!" Her facade broke and she gave him an ear splitting grin. "I love pizza!"

•*•*•*•

Okay so y'all probably all hate me because I haven't updated in forever, but I just started a working and I haven't had a lot of free time. No, this story is not ending. I know it kind of seemed that way but that's not the case. I hope y'all continue to read!

Vote and comment please! It lets me know this isn't as crappy as I think it is. (Yes I am aware that sounded desperate :) )

I love you all!