Chapter 3: Yes

I sit there in shcok for a minute before jumping to my feet.  I quickly wrap my arms around him and give him a long, passionate kiss.  I then pull my head about an inch away from his face.

"Yes." I whisper as my eyes fill up with tears.  I pull his head back towards mine.  After another passionate kiss, we sit back down on the blancket. With sit next to each other , our legs touching. I lean my head against his shoulder and try to fight off sleep but it quickly takes ahold of me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I awaken to the sound of crying.  A quick look around my room shows me that it's not one of my kids.  I sleepily climb out of bed and walk down the hallway to Amelia's room.  I pick her up and rock her until she falls back asleep.  Then, i lay her back down in her crib and walk to Dad's room.

He's sitting on his bed, staring off into space.  I sit down next to him and start gently shaking his shoulder.He doesn't respond.  After trying to get him out of his stpor for five minutes, i finally give up.  I go back to Amelia's room, grab her with out waking her up, carry her to my room, and lay her down with Meredith in Meredith's crib.  I check Meredith's heart monitor before laying back down and going to bed.

I awake again to the sound of crying, and our morning ritual begins.  Figuring Dad was up half the night, I go ahead and take care of Amelia, too.  When all of the kids are chaged and fed, we carry them to the living room and put them in their play pen.  I then go into the kitchen to make breakfast.

After me and Mike eat breakfast, I make Dad a tray and carry it up to his room.  I knock lightly on the door.  When there is no answer, I slowly push it open.

Dad is sitting in the exact same possition he was last night.  I set his breakfast tray down on his bed side table and start shaking his shoulders while screaming his name.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry it's extreamly short.  I have had very limited access to internet lately.  And I know I kind of eft it with a cliff hanger, so I'll leave you with another one.  I hope to write more soon.