Chapter 12: Sad Story

Hannah's POV

I run into my room, slamming the door behind me. I flop down face first onto my bed and break out crying. After a couple of minutes, I hear my bedroom door open and close. I feel someone sit down next to me on the bed. They start rubbing soothing circles onto my back. I look up to see my mom's stressed face. I sigh and sit up. Mom looks at me sadly.

"I'm sorry, Hannah."

"Me, too". Mom lets out a stressed laugh.

"What are you sorry for?" I take in a deep breath, knowing that now is the best time to tell her.

"I'm pregnant, too.". Mom looks at me with a look of shock, which quickly changes to a look of anger. She opens her mouth to say something, but just then, my bedroom door flies open. Cass hurls herself into my room carrying the kids. She sets them down on the floor, then plops down on my bed and starts bawling her eyes out.

--------------------------------

Oh my gosh. I know it's super short, but I wasn't planning on updating tonight, I was just going to write an authors note, but I figured I'd give you something. Anyway, so if you hadn't noticed, I've been updating less and less frequently lately. The truth is, I honestly felt like no one really liked this book anymore. And then right before I went to go to bed 30 minutes ago, I checked my Wattpad, and I had 68 notifications. Over 50 of them where comments and likes to this book and it's companion series, "Trying to Hide the Obvious". I was thinking about deleting this book, but now I realize that that would be a huge mistake. So thank you guys for helping me feel loved, and for encouraging me to keep writing. Anyway, Happy autumn, happy reading, and goodnight. (PS I stayed up til 11:30 writing this for u guys and I have to be up at 6)