Chapter 5: There Goes My Life

"You don't have to go, Cass." I sigh yet again as I get Meredith changed and dressed. 

"We've been over this, Mike.  I'm going.  It's your first wrestling match of the season.  The least I can do is take the kids and come watch.  The kids at school already accuse me of being unsupportive of you."  Mike sighs, walks up behind me, and wraps his arms around my stomach.  He bends down and kisses my ear. 

"Forget those guys.  Your dad was literally just admitted to a mental hospital.  This is the first time you've gotten out of bed since. Why don't you just relax for a minute."  I sigh, then set Meredith back down in the play pen.  I pick up Danielle and start to get her changed and dressed, too.

"You know, you could help me get them ready."  Mike sighs, then goes and picks up Noah and starts getting him ready.  "Thank you." We finish getting them ready, then Mike goes to change.  I load one of our three seater stroller into the van along with my twin baby sling.  I then load up the diaper bag, get all of the kids in their car seats, and get them loaded in the van.  I climb into the driver's seat and get buckled as Mike comes out of the house in his wrestling leotard.  I hold back laughter as he climbs in the van, and we leave.

We pull in to a pretty empty parking lot.  The wrestler have to be there an hour before the meet to warm up.  We're late, so Mike runs inside as I pull the stroller out of the trunk and get it set up.  Once it's set up, I put Amelia, Meredith, and Danielle in it.  I then grab my baby sling, put it on, and put the boys in it.  I grab the diaper bag and shut the van as Cassandra pulls up in her van.  She parks next to me, and Cassandra and Steven climb out, and open their child locked doors.  They pull out Jace and Caitlin, then Hannah, Dean, and Cocoa climb out.  When Jace and Caitlin see me, they scream and run over to me.  They wrap me in a hug.  I laugh.

"Hey, munchkins.  How's it going?"  They laugh then run back over to their mom.  Cassandra chuckles and picks them up.

"Hey, Cassidy.  How have things been?"  My first real smile of the day disappears, and I hold back tears.

"I don't want to talk about it."  Cassandra sees how much the simple question has upset me, so she drops the subject.  She walks over to the stroller and smiles.

"And how are my favorite grand kids."  I laugh again.

"They are your only grand kids." She joins my laughter, as does Steven.

"Let's keep it that way for a while, shall we?"  Hannah turns around and opens up the trunk.  She pulls out their diaper bag, a cooler, and a cooler bag.  Cassandra tries really hard to be involved in all of her kids' life's, so she always volunteers to bring snacks for all of their sporting events, even though she can't really afford it all of the time.  I take my diaper bag and the cooler bag and hook them onto the stroller as Steven finishes putting together Jace and Caitlin's stroller.  He gets it together, loads up Jace and Caitlin, and hooks their diaper bag to the handle.  He then grabs the cooler, and we all head inside.

"So, Hannah, how are you enjoying high school?"  She looks over at me and shrugs.

"It's okay."  We get inside, and I hand Cassandra the cooler bag, and go sit down with Hannah, Dean, Cocoa, Amelia, and my kids.  We sit down right behind where the team sits, and we watch them warm up.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike won his first two matches, and is now advancing to the final round.  There is one more game before the final round, and Amelia starts to cry, so I go to the bathroom to get her changed.  I ask Cassandra to watch the other girls, and I grab Amelia and go to leave.  Hannah asks to go with, so she comes with me.

We walk into the bathroom, and I set her down on the sink and start changing her.  Hannah hasn't said anything all night.  She comes out of the stall and starts washing her hands.  She sighs and looks over at me.

"Cassidy, if I tell you something, do you promise not to tell anyone else?  Especially not Mom or Mike?" I look over at her, and she looks close to tears.  I pull Amelia's skirt up over her onsie, and pick her up.  I then turn to face Hannah.

"You can tell me anything, Hannah."  She sighs again and looks away.

"You promise you won't tell anyone?"

"Yes, Hannah.  I promise.  Now, what's wrong?"

"I'm pregnant."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yea, well, now you see why I need that baby name.  I don't know if it's gonna be a boy or a girl yet.  Happy summer, and happy reading!!!!!!!