Chapter 9: You'll Always be my Baby

Hannah's POV

(Let's shake things up a little!)

The my brothers come running in, and I hear Cass's van screech out of the drive way. My brothers all run into their rooms, and Mom walks in with Jace and Caitlin on her hips. She sets them down and looks at me. Jace and Caitlin run over to me and climb up into my lap.

"Sissy!". I laugh and pull them close to my body. I kiss them both on the forehead.

"Bubby, Cait, it's time for your nap." They pull closer to me and look up at me sadly. Mom walks over and pulls them off my lap. "I'll be right back." Mom walks off down the hallway, lays the kids down, then walks back over to me. She sits down on the couch next to me. "So, Cass said you wanted to talk to me."  I pull my feet up on the couch and try to relax a little.

"'Bout what?"  Mom looks at me seriously.

"She didn't say.  But she seemed pretty mad."  My anger at Cass flares up.  Why can't that girl just mind her own beeswax?  I shake my head.

"I don't know why she was mad."  Mom gives me a funny look.

"Hannah, what's going on?"  I shake my head again.

"Nothing."

"Hannah Lee Matazek.  Don't you lie to me.  Cass is a pretty easy going girl.  If she's mad, there is probably a reason for it."  I roll my eyes.  I start twisting a lose strand of my brown hair.

"What makes you think it has something to do with me?!"  Mom runs her fingers through her hair frustrated. 

"Oh my gosh, Hannah! Why is Cass so mad at you?!"  I rub my forehead in frustration and Mom does the same.  I don't say anything, and I can tell Mom's getting angrier by the second.  After a minute that felt like an eternity, Mom sighs.  "Go to your room, Hannah."  I get up from the couch and practically run into my bedroom, slamming the door behind me.

Tears start rolling down my cheeks, and I can't keep the sobs inside.  I cry into my pillow.  It's gonna be a really long night.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!  Sorry it's been a while.  And sorry it's so short.  I've been soooo busy lately.  It's homecoming week at my school and since I'm in student council we are in charge of planning it all, and I just got done reading a really hard book for my honors english class, and I had to do my school's required Junior testing and I joined band.  So, yeah, I've been a little busy lately.  I started this chapter a while ago, so I thought I better go ahead and finish it and post it.  I hope you guys liked it.  I'll try to write another chapter tonight, but I make no promises.  Oh and by the way, Hannah has a different last name than Mike cuz they have different dads.  Me and my little sister, Autumn, have different last names, so I just wanted you to know that.  Any way, happy reading, and happy Homecoming!  #Homecoming2014RangersVsDeadbirds