Chapter 7: New Girl in Town

When we wake up the next morning, my get us and the kids ready, then drop the kids off at Cassandra's.  We then drive to school.  We meet up with Alex, then Mike walks us to Home room.  He kisses me good bye, then leaves.  Alex looks over at me.

"What's up with you two? You were overly polite to each other."  I sigh.

"We got into a small fight last night."

"How smalls small?"  We walk into home room. As usual, we are the first people there.  Not even the teachers here yet.  We sit down in the back, me in front of Alex.

"Umm... Well, there was some things said around small children that probably shouldn't have been said."

"Wow."

"Yea, I know."

"No, Cass, turn around."

"Why?"  I turn around, and there is a person who looks exactly like me staring at me with her mouth hanging open.  She looks at her feet when she catches me looking.

"Umm.  Excuse me.  Is this Mrs. Roper's Home room?"

"Yea.  Um.  Who are you?"  The girl looks up at us.

"I'm Ashley.  Ashley Kale."

"hi Ashley.  I'm Alex.  This is my bestie, Cass."  We look at each other.  Neither of us can look away.  Alex elbows me in the ribs.

"oww.  Right, Hey."  Ashley looks around.

"Um, where's the teacher?"

"Trust us, she'll be the last one here.  She always is.  Here, why don't you come sit down next to us?"  She moves her back pack out of the always empty seat next to her.  The girl nervously sits down.  I turn back towards Alex.  "So, what were you and Mike fighting about?"  I shrug and look over at Ashley.

"stuff."  Alex rolls her eyes.

"What kind of stuff?"  I shrug again.

"mostly how he never spends time with his sister."  She looks into my eyes.

"That's not what you guys where fighting over."

"Yes it was."

"no it wasn't.  I can see it in your eyes.  What were you guys fighting about?"  I sigh.

"I promised I wouldn't tell anyone."  Alex sighs.

"Fine."  Just then, the warning bell rings.  Everyone walks into the room ad sits down.  I hear them whispering about the new girl, but they don't look back at us.  Literally seconds before the bell rings, Mrs. Ropper walks into the room. 

"Good morning class.  Now, as I'm sure you all now, we have a new kid."  She points at Ashley. "Come up here and introduce yourself."  Mrs. Ropper has dark bags under her eyes, and you can tell she suffering from a hangover.  Ashley walks up to the front of the room.  All eyes are on her.  Her face turns red as she turns to face us.

"I'm Ashley."  She quiet.  So quiet me and Alex can't hear her.  Then, she practically runs back to her seat.

"Welcome, Ashley.  Now, lunch is some unidentifiable inedible shit that none of you guys are gonna eat anyway so I'm not gonna bother reading it.  Now, everyone, no talking til the bells rings.

I take advantage of the momentary silence to do mine and Alex's Pre-Calc homework.  I get it done right as the bell rings.  I hand Alex her homework, then throw everything back into my backpack.  Ashley looks nervously up to the teacher.  Alex laughs quietly.

"You're not gonna get anything out of her.  where are you going?"

"Pre-Calc."  Alex laughs again.

"What a coincidence.  Us too.  Come one, we'll show you the way."  She grabs her hand and drags her out the door.  My bag gets hung up on a chair, so they get quite a bit a head of me.  They exit the classroom.  Right as I'm about to leave, Mike walks up next to Ashley.

"Hey, babe."  Her face turns red.  I stay hidden behind the door frame this is hillarious.

"Um, hey."  She whispers.

"What's wrong babe?"

"Um... Nothing."  Then, Alex breaks out laughing.

"Mike, this Ashley.  She's new."  Mike's face turns pale, and I step out from behind the door frame and burst out laughing.

"Hey, babe."  I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him down into a kiss.  Ashley's face turns back to normal, and I quit kissing Mike.

"Wha.. How?  You guys look exactly alike!"  Me and Alex burst out laughing again, and even Ashley giggles a little.  I grab Mike's hand.

"Come on, we're gonna be late for math."  I start pulling him down the hallway, and Alex and Ashley follow. "So, babe, how was homeroom."  He shrugs.

"eh.  Ok i guess.  Nothing very interesting happened.  I'm more concerned about your clone.  I mean seriously, is no one else concerned about this?"  I look at him, then we all burst out laughing.

"You're just gonna have to learn to except it, babe."  We get to our math class.  "bye, baby."  He bends down and kisses me.

"bye, Cass.  Love you."

"Love you, too."  We walk into math, and Mike leaves for his class.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm in art.  The lunch bell has already rung, but I am so close to finishing my project, I just have to get it done.  Ms. Appleton walks over and looks at it as I'm putting on my finishing touches. 

"Let me guess, it's for your kids?"  I shake my head.

"No, it's for my little sister."  She leans up against an empty easel. 

"I didn't know you had a sister."  I nod.

"She's a month younger than the quads."  Ms. Appleton laughs right as I finish my picture.

"It's very beautiful.  If you want, I can grade it real quick so you can take it home."  I nod, and she grades it.  I get an A.  I then take my still slightly wet painting and headed out to the van.

When I get there, Mike, Alex, and Ashley are waiting there for me.

"Hey, Cass, I told Ash she could come with us.  You don't mind, do you?"  I shake my head.  Mike looks over at me nervously.

"That is you, right, Cass?" I nod, and he comes over and kisses me.  He looks down at my painting.  "Is the one you've been making for Amy?"  I nod.  "It's really good, Cass."

"thanks."  We all climb in the van.  Ashley looks around nervously.

"What are all these black things attached to the seat?"  Alex pics up the one in Ashley's way, then throws it in back.

"There car seat supports."

"oh."  I look around at Alex and Mike.And then I burst out laughing.  Everyone stares at me.   I bend over and whisper in Mike's ear.

"She doesn't know about the kids."  A huge smile crosses Mikes face as I put the keys in th ignition and drive off.  Mike looks back.

"so, where are we going for lunch?" Ashley and Alex shrug.  I look back at them.

"I don't care where we go, so someone please pick."  No one says anything.  "McDonald's it is."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!  I know I said I wasn't gonna update again today, but oh well.  I really wish I had the self controll instead of posting five chapters a day to post one really long chapter, but I'm not good at that.  Oh well.  Happy reading!