7. Get Well Soon

~ELSA’S POV~

I woke up to the sound of beeps and hushed voices whispering, I slightly opened my eyes and bright lights shined into my eyes, I quickly re-shut my eyes and lifted my hands to rub them. When I finally got the courage to open my eyes all the way I noticed I was in an all-white room with one window in it and a TV up on the wall. I looked down at my legs and noticed I was covered in a thin white sheet, which I’m guessing was supposed to serve as a blanket but was failing miserably. I then looked over at my arms and saw several tubes injected into my skin, I had a few small bruises on each arm and my head hurt terribly.

“Feeling better Miss Frozen?”

My eyes shot up to meet a tall, skinny, pale-skinned lady who looked a few years into her 20’s. She had short blonde hair and blue scrubs on and she looked perky and happy. I didn’t reply to her question I just stared confused, what happened? Where am I? Before my brain could wander the woman interrupted my thoughts.

“I got you some Advil if your head starts to hurt, and if you’d like there’s a few snacks here if you’re hungry…”

“Where am I?” I asked rubbing my head; my voice insanely scratchy and hoarse.

“The hospital, hun.” She replied as she filled up a cup of water for me to swallow the pills for my gigantic headache.

“What happened to me?”

“Well that’s what I’d like to know too.”

She handed me the glass of water and two pills and I graciously took them. I swallowed the whole glass of water and asked for one of the snacks she had brought.

“By the way, my name is Sandy and obviously I’m your nurse.” She giggled and brought over a little pack of whole grain goldfish for me to eat.

“You got some pretty good damage done to ya…do you wanna tell me what happened?”

I sat there for a minute and thought, what did happen?

“I-I don’t really remember that well…” I said zoning out a little.

“It’s alright the doctor said you might have some temporary amnesia due to the hard hits on your head.”

“T-Temporary amnesia!?” I studdered, kind of scared by the thought of getting hit so hard I would get amnesia from it.

“It’s ok you’ll start remembering things in no time!” She said trying to calm me but I was still freaked out.

She left the room so this let me have a little time to myself to sort things out. I remember getting hit by someone repetitively and blacking out afterwards, but I couldn’t remember their name, I knew it was a girl…but not what she looks like. I tried to sit up in the hospital bed, but that just shot pain threw my chest and into my head. I laid back down and closed my eyes, but suddenly they shot back open.