13. Giving Up

~ELSA’S POV~

I woke up and rubbed my tearstained eyes, after that fight with Anna…I just couldn’t stop hating myself…I hated myself because she hated me…

I heard a knock on my door and the doorknob slowly turned. My door creaked open and my father silently walked in.

“Oh good you’re already up.” He said awkwardly standing by my door.

“Do you feel well enough to go to school today?” He asked concern in his voice.

“I guess…” I said quietly as I started picking out my clothes from my closet.

“Good, good…”

We both awkwardly stood there not knowing what to say, finally my dad broke the tension.

“Well breakfast is waiting downstairs, I’ll see ya down there.” And then he quickly walked out.

I sighed, I can just see how much he misses me…the old me. The me that was carefree, in control…but that little girl is gone now. And all that’s left is a scared, petrified teen…hiding herself away from the world. And I miss my childhood, I miss going on walks in the park with my dad, and taking long car rides to different parts of the country.

I miss my dad…

Since Anna was born…since the accident happened…that all changed…I was no longer brave. And every day I can see the sadness in my dad’s eyes, the hate in Anna’s and the silence of my mother’s…and I can’t live with it. I can’t live with everyone else’s problems on my shoulders-

-no I take that back…

I can’t be everyone else’s problem.

Because when I look up at that little drawing of mine, with me and my family, with ‘Daddy’s girl’ labeled over my head, hanging up on my wall…I know I’m the cause of everyone’s sadness.

Because I changed our family.

I screwed up everything.

And forever I will have that weight on my shoulders; I will always be the cause.

And there is no solution.

Because the day I try and fix everything, I’ll end up hurting everybody in the end. Because I can’t control this ‘gift’ I was given when I was born. Because I’m such an idiot I can’t figure out how to control my own powers, the powers I’ve had my whole life! No matter what I do or what I try I hit a dead end! And then this thought hits me…every single day…

‘What’s the point in living.’

~*~*~*~*~*~*

~ANNA’S POV~

I ate my breakfast happily, excited to go see my friends at school. I watched as Elsa came downstairs the same way she always does, silently, like she doesn’t exist. And today I was going to let her not exist, usually I tried to make conversation with her every morning, even though she never wanted to. But now I’ve given up, I’m not playing this little game with her, if she cares enough about me to talk to me, then I’ll listen, but for now I’m done trying.

Everyone ate in silence and when the bus came I was relieved to get out of the house. The silence was killing me! I usually sat next to Elsa even if she protested, but today I’m not going to sit next to her. I looked around for an empty seat, and finally I found one right next to a cute blonde kid.

I sat down and smiled at him, “Hi, I’m Anna.”

The boy looked at me confused, “Kristoff…” He said holding out his hand.

I shook his hand but then heard some commotion coming from the front of the bus.

“Well look who’s back!” a girl said tauntingly.

“The little anorexic girl is back!” girls giggled. I stood up to see what was happening.

Elsa was walking towards the back of the bus with her head down, trying to ignore the girls’ remarks.

“Look at her, she won’t even stick up for herself!” A girl sneered.

“What a loser!” Another girl laughed.

I felt a pang of guilt in my gut, but I quickly tried to dismiss it, I was done being nice to her.

Finally the girls quit with their comments and I sat back letting out a deep breath.

“Isn’t that your sister?” Kristoff suddenly asked.

I looked over at him, his hair was blonde and shaggy and he was wearing a snowflake sweater, khakis, and Sperrys. And his eyes were a beautiful shade of dark brown.

“I don’t even know anymore…” I said looking down.

He must’ve seen that it was a touchy subject for me and just let it go.

The rest of the bus ride was awkward and silent, and I almost couldn’t wait to get to school.

~*~*~*~*~*

So I got home earlier than I thought I would, so that means, new chapter! :D I feel like things are getting so emotional, I need to get some comic relief in there somewhere! Haha. But poor Elsa, she's just trying to protect Anna from herself but Anna doesn't know it! ;_; I'm really excited to post the next chapter, it was a lot of fun to write XD

Keep reading my little leaves ^.^

~Peace~