the big return

"Hello, Caroline." He says with a smirk.
"Klaus." I breathe out. I looked him up and down. God Caroline are you checking him out.
We stared at each other for a few seconds.
I step closer and say.
"Sorry, Matt's buried alive no time to chat." I whoosh away. He follows and says.
"Are you not even the least bit curious as to why I'm here."
I turn on him.
"I literally just whooshed at the sight of your face so no." I snap bitterly.
"Damon informed me that Katrina Petrova has taken a tragic turn."
"So your here to gloat over her corpse to be. To delight in the closure of 500 years of revenge." I growl annoyed then add.
"Great now I'm even less interested."

I whoosh away again.
He appears right in front of me.
"Well, perhaps you'd be more interested in talking about Tyler." I snap to attention. I haven't heard from him in months.
"Is he.... did you.-"
"No, I sent him off with little more than a bruised ego. He really does hate me, poor lad. Revenge, it eats at him." He says with a smile then adds.
"I hear you two broke up." He smirks like a child. I look down and back up at him. I told everyone about a week after me and Elena went back to Mystic Falls. After Katherine and Damon came back and they saved Stefan. Katherine fell deathly sick. Because they drained her of all her blood to save Silas.
"That's none of your business," I growl.
"Oh, but why did you two break up." He says in an aggravating way.
"Because he chose some stupid slut over me. I suggest you learn from his mistakes, leave and let Katherine die in peace. Dying sucks enough as it is. No need to rub anyone's nose in it." I say flashing away again.

"Matt, matt." I call out. God Klaus made me angry.
I stop to listen but his sexy British accent interrupts me. I mean stupid, his stupid British voice interrupts me.
"Would you give me the same choice."
"What," I say turning towards him.
"Were I to abandon my revenge on Katerina would you offer me the same choice as Tyler." He gazes at me.
"I... I don't know what you mean." I lie.
"Yes, you do." He whispers stepping closer to me.
"You can't do this to me. You can't just show up and distract me when my friend is in danger-." He smiles and interrupts me.
"You know while you've been vamping off in all the wrong directions I heard Matt's distant and desperate screams."
"Where-," I say worried but once again get interrupted by the original.
"Don't worry love. I've got it covered. Trust me he'll be quite happy with his rescuer." He says smiling.

We walk a while and he says.
"So the quarterback has been saved. What now."
"Don't you have a dying girl to go punish for all her sins."
"I do but I won't for you." We both meet each other's eyes at the same time.
"So you came all the way to Mystic Falls just to back off when I ask you too."
"No, I came all the way to Mystic Falls to gloat over a corpse to me as you so poetically put it." I throw my head back and giggle. He continues.
"But I will leave minus the gloating in return for one small thing." He says smiling and stopping.
I turn and look at him.
"And what is that," I smirk.
"I want your confession." I scrunch my eyebrows.
"Confession. I didn't do anything. Confession about what."
"Me." The words escape his mouth and my heart stops. Literally stops. I couldn't breathe.
"As soon as we're done here I'm gonna walk away and I'm never coming back. You'll never have to look me in the eye and cover our connection with hostility and revulsion. You'll never have to loathe the darkest parts of yourself that care for me in spite of everything I've done. I will be gone then you will be free." He says this and my world shatters. I didn't want him to leave forever. I wanted to see him every couple of years. For us to catch up and talk about old times. I wanted him to be there, for me. He continues.
"I just want.... you to be honest with me." He says sadly. What should I say? I look down at the ground.
"Klaus. I don't want any of that." I laugh slightly on the last part he stares at me confused.
"What do you mean." I stare at him for a second and step closer.
"I mean all I've been able to think about for weeks is you. I don't want you to leave and never come back. I want you to be here. To be allowed to come to Mystic Falls if you want. I don't want to be the one to hold you back. So please move on if you want. New Orleans is your home. And I haven't found mine yet." I look up into his stormy blue eyes.
"I don't understand do you want me to stay.... or go." He says shaking his head.
"Why did you go to New Orleans. You were somewhat happy here then you just got up and left. You came back for my graduation and we had sex. Then you left again. So please what's keeping you there." He stares at me about to answer but stops when I fall to my knees screaming in pain.
"Caroline what's wrong." He yells as I throw up.
"I don't know," I yell and start to cry.
I had been throwing up every once in a while. But nothing serious. The pain was horrible. I hadn't fed in while. That's probably it.
"I need to feed," I say quietly. He looks in my eyes and bites into his wrist. My veins immediately come out. I take his hand and pull it to my mouth. His sweet blood fills my mouth and it makes all the pain go away. Next thing I know everything went black.