old friends

Caroline's POV:

I quickly close the door and catch my breath. Why the hell did I just freak out like that.

All he said was they don't like me more and I hit him. I needed to get this anger and jealousy under control. I was used to being the only parent now I have to deal with Klaus, his charm, and cockyness.

"Mommy we need help." Journey yells out so I hurry to go and help them including Julian.

I reach their door but my brain fogs. Everything slows.

"Caroline I know you don't wanna be around me but I heard Journey yelling." He stops staring at me as I shake my head.

"Your right I don't want to see you but-" I fall backwards right into his warm embrace.

"Caro..." Everything blacks out my chest tores as I see people I haven't seen in so long. Hayley and Davina flash in my head probably hundreds of thousands of times. Why is this happening.

"Love please please." Nik yells.

"MOMmy." I hear my girls yell but get carried away.

I begin shaking, my heart thunders. "You don't know me Caroline but I watched you with my son and grandchildren." A familiar voice calls out. I don't see anything. Only hear her.

"Pain has been very fond of you Caroline. But I see light in you. So I shall warn you. Witches are conspiring against you. Best for you to let Niklaus handle them."

"Wait Esther I've heard of you. The original witch. I understand thank you for warning me but... why did I see my friends?"

"They've been bugging me for years to be able to talk to you." My eyes grow wide. Three years and they still thought of me.

"I guess you could say they grew on me." I laugh and feel tears stinging my eyes.

In a split second they stand before me.

"Hayley... Davina." I gasp out holding them in my arms.

"Caroline I... I don't know where to begin." Hayley stutters out. "Just thank you for being my friend and Im so sorry for what happened with Klaus and I don't blame you at all for leaving Julian. He still had Rebekah and Elijah. I miss you so so so much." She cries out and I just hold her tighter in my arms.

"I wish I was there for him... I was supposed to be there and I failed you... Both of you Davina I promised you would survive and you didn't. I led you into your own death. I was a horrible friend." She tears up.

"You were my only friend in such dark times. I knew I was gonna die Caroline. I wanted to save you more than I wanted to live." My heart aches with pain.

"Hurry up ladies I cant keep her here forever." Esther says surprisingly nicely.

"Listen I- you have no idea how many times I've tried bringing you back-"

"Yes we do care. We watch you all the time. Well that sounded a bit creepy but we always keep and eye on you and your girls. Were there for you. Over here Im finally at peace. But I don't expect my son here for a long long time. Promise me that please." I nod at Hayley's words.

"I promise I will risk my life for Julian." She smiles and they hug me. As I begin to say goodbye im yanked out of the dream state I had originally been in.

"Is she gonna wake up soon?" I hear Journeys voice ask.

"Its been almost a day but im sure she'll be up soon." I also hear Klaus' voice soothingly tell them.

"Come girls off to bed." He says and they leave. After 10 minutes I hear the girls even breathing from the room over. I sit up yawning and stretching.

"Shall I warn Nik that your up?" Kol says leaning on the door. I jump up.

"When did you even come in. The door never opened." He only smirks.

"What happened are you okay?" He asks sliding his fingers in my air. He brushes strands away from my face.

"Im fine but I did see-" Klaus just then busts in the room interrupting my words.

"Oh thank-." He stops short not knowing what to say. "Im so happy your okay. Did she say anything Kol?" He asks and I roll my eyes.

"Im right here and yeah I was about to til you busted in here like a cop." I say laughing.

"What the hell happened?" He questions shoving Kols hands away from me.

"Brother your jealousy is starting to bubble over." Klaus goes to hit Kol but I shove Klaus away.

"Leave us Kol." I say glaring at Klaus.

"Bye darling." I smile then go back to glaring at Klaus. As I hear the door shut I march towards him.

"Are You serious." I say trying to be mad but failing as I look into his sad eyes. "I don't have feelings for you brother... I don't think I'll ever have feeling for another person." He looks at me with hope.

"But either way we have much bigger problems." His face shifts to worry.

"Don't we always." He sighs.