forgiveness chapter 24

The plane ride was amazing. The girls slept almost the whole time and bonded with their dad. It would take Klaus awhile to gain my trust again though. I would not let him off the hook. Just then the pilot comes on the intercom and says were about to land. Enzo sits beside me watching twilight and cringing at how unrealistic it is. Klaus sits with the girls playing with their dolls. I wonder what everybody's up to how much their lives have probably changed. 

      My heart beats extremely fast as I walked up to the door with Penelope in my arms and Journey in Enzo's. Klaus decided to hang back for a few minutes. Just then my eyes begin to water as one of my best friends opens the door. Her golden locks surround her head. She looked beautiful and truly shocked. ¨Caroline!¨ Rebekah yelled out excitedly. Whooshes fill the house as everyone appears beside Rebekah. Stefan, Clair, Kol, Bonnie, Elijah, and Julian in Katherine's arms.

They surround me in hugs. ¨ They've gotten so big.¨ Rebekah squeals as she picks them up. I had told the girls about all my friends so they knew everyone. I smile as Katherine hands me, Julian. Tears fall from my eyes as I realize I had failed Hayley. She wanted me to watch over her son or at least be there for him and I failed. I pick up Julian as Kat smiles at me lovingly. "He's so cute oh my god." I squeal.

 I look around at everybody and see that they're not telling me something

 "What is it," I whisper lifting Julian higher on the side of my hip.

"Nothing it's just you've missed a lot of stuff," Kol says this and it saddens me.

"I know and I'm sorry. It's just the day I heard Klaus say that he was gonna use the babies I had to go. You know that the girls mean the world to me. I felt like if I stayed one more day I would break." They stare at me intently and I hear Klaus' heart quicken at my words.

"Anyways none of that matters anymore cause I'm back and you guys can tell me everything that I've missed and I can catch ya'll up on the girls," I say setting Julian down to play with the girls. He was only a few months older than them and they face time a lot so they already knew each other. We laugh as they run off together and Julian shows them his cars.

"Caroline do you care to introduce us to your... um, friend," Elijah says pointing towards Enzo and I notice Elijah's hand resting on the crease of Kat's back.

"This is Enzo," I then proceed to tell them how we met and how he tried to kill Damon.

I laugh to myself when I notice Clair eyeing him. I hug them again and look down slightly knowing I had to tell them about Klaus.

"I have to tell you all something." Elijah looks at me cranking his head to the side. Before the words leave my mouth he grabs my bags and whooshes to a room and whooshes right back down.

"Sorry, Ms. Forbes that was driving me crazy." I laugh at him a little and continue. 

"Have you guys talked to Klaus since I left." The Mikaelsons look at each other sadly knowing they missed their brother.

"I've talked to him a few times here and there but other than that no. None of us have." Rebekah speaks up looking down and she turns to wipe a tear away.

"Beks remember when you asked me to go look for Klaus to make him stop his killing spree." She nods her head knowing what I was talking about. "Well, I found him he had just killed probably 20 people and I stopped him but he got angry and held me against the wall by my throat asking for the girls. Penelope came out of the closet I told her to hide in and she showed me that Journey had a splinter. She was so worried about her sister but at that moment all I could think about was my girls not that Klaus was right behind me admiring them. When I finally turned to Klaus I saw the way he was staring at them with so much love. I never saw him look at anything like that, not even me. I didn't feel jealousy. I felt complete and utter love for him." I stop as I wipe the tears away and Kol embraces me.

"But that's not all when me and Enzo were about to leave for the airport I turned and saw the sadness in his eyes so I-." I try to finish my sentence but get interrupted by a thick British accent.

"She invited me to tag along," Klaus says happily. "He always has to make a grand entrance doesn't he." I think in my head. Rebekah pushes past us and wraps her arms around his neck and he picks her up and spins her.

After Rebekah let's go he gives a tight hug to Elijah, Kol, and Stefan. Which all in all makes me smile. He even turns to Clair and Bonnie and hugs them knowing he missed them. But when he turns to Katherine they just give each other a sweet half devilish smile.

My heart stops when he turns to me. The thing he does surprises me he wraps me in his arms holding my waist and I wrap my arms around his neck pulling our bodies together.

 The thing he does surprises me he wraps me in his arms holding my waist and I wrap my arms around his neck pulling our bodies together

"Love, I'm so sorry do you forgive me," he whispers in my ear. I pull back and look around us seeing everybody with hopeful eyes.

"I accept your apology but your gonna have to earn my trust again and your gonna have to earn my forgiveness." He looks at me and nods sadly.

2 hours later: