Five

Shawn's POV:

What the hell? I swear I cannot convert decimals for the life of me.
I was sitting at my desk trying to study for tomorrow's math exam. Correction: trying, and failing...miserably.

"I give up" I told myself. I texted Alexa, but she wasn't answering. "Huh, that's weird...Alexa always answers. Is she home?" I looked through my window, and from my view, her bedroom lights appear to be on. I decide to just go over there and ask for her help myself, as she is number one in the class.

I grab my textbook and jog across the street. As I approach her house, I see Damien leaving. He doesn't see me, which is probably a good thing because he hates me, and he looked pretty angry. Well, to be honest, anger is his normal look. I can't remember a time when he wasn't in a bad mood.

I knock on Alexa's door

Alexa: "go away Damien, I told you to leave me alone!"

Shawn: "A-Ally, it's me, Shawn."

***

Alexa's POV:

I quickly get up from the stairs, roll down my sleeves, and pull up my collar so that Shawn won't see the cuts, bruises, and nail marks that are all over me, before going to answer the door.

Alexa: "hey Shawn, what's up?"

Shawn: "hey listen, I just needed help with--were you crying?"

He asks as he looks up at me

Alexa: "wha-what, no I wasn't"

I say as I quickly wipe my eyes with my sleeve

Alexa: "what do you need help with?"

Shawn: "that's not important, are you okay? Do you wanna talk? What just happened?"

Alexa: "look Shawn, I've had a really rough day, and I'm just ready to forget it and go to bed. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?

Shawn: "yeah of course, but can you please tell me what happened? Ally, I'm here for you?"

Alexa: "I'll tell you eventually, I promise, I just need to clear my head."

Shawn: "Okay Al, good night, let me know if you need anything."

Alexa: "night Shawn"

I said before closing the door and slowly limping upstairs.