Six

Shawn's POV:

*the following afternoon*

Shawn: "Ally! Over here!"

she looks over at me, and begins walking over.

Alexa: "hey, you ready for practice?"

Shawn: "dude, why the long face? Did something happen with Damien? I haven't seen you with him all day."

Not that I was complaining, I hate that guy.

Alexa: "we broke up last night"

Shawn: "oh, I'm sorry Ally. He didn't deserve you anyway"

Alexa: "nah, I broke up with him, I'm just so sick of not feeling loved. I put my all in every relationship, and it all ends in disaster. Damien was right, I'm hideous and unlovable, guess it makes sense why Todd cheated, and Damien was always angry."

Shawn: "he said that to you?"

Alexa: "yeah..."

Shawn: "that mother fu--where is he!? Who the hell does he think he is?!"

Alexa: "Shawn..."

Shawn: "Alexa I swear, you are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen in my entire life, and the fact that he had the nerve to say that to you just goes to show that he doesn't only have anger issues, he's also a dumbass and a liar."

Alexa: "you think I'm beautiful?"

She said, her sad, big eyes looking up at me.

Shawn: "I don't just think it, I believe it with all of my heart"

Never until this moment did I realize that our bond goes beyond best friend or teammate, I think I actually love her....do I love Alexa?? No way, she's like a sister to me, but why does she feels like so much more?

***

Alexa's POV:

*1 month later*

It's been about a month since my messy breakup with Damien, and honestly, I couldn't be happier. Since the breakup, I have been able to really find myself. The one downside is the one constant reminder of Damien that I have to carry around everyday, and that is all the scars he left on my body.

The cut on the back of my neck has healed, but left a huge scar in the process. A very large, noticeable scar. I just try to hide it by wearing turtlenecks, or leaving my hair down. My biggest problem is the bruise.

The dark purple, extremely painful bruise that won't go away. I had to go and get an x-ray taken, but I'm sure it's nothing to worry about.

I walked into the locker rooms to get ready for practice. It doesn't start for another twenty minutes, but I purposely come early now because I really don't wanna have to explain all my scars and bruises to my teammates while I'm changing.

Those fifteen boys, are literally the older, overprotective brothers that I've never had. If I told them, they would have Damien's head, and although I hate him for what he did to me, and how he made me feel, I'm finally happy, and I don't want to spoil it by getting involved with him again.

I began walking towards my locker to get my uniform, when I saw Shawn lifting weights, shirtless, only ten feet away from me. My heart literally skips a beat. I never realized how strong his arms are, and how masculine his shoulders are.

What is wrong with me?? I've literally seen him shirtless thousands of times, how come I all of a sudden feel this way about it. Omg ew Alex, he's your best friend, nothing more......could he be more though?

My thoughts are interrupted when I hear his voice.

Shawn: "Ally?"

He said, turning around and taking off his headphones.

Alexa: "ye-yeah?"

I said, stuttering from being suddenly caught off guard.