Thirty Seven (Last Chapter)

Alexa's POV:

Later that night, after Aaliyah had gone to bed, Shawn and I were laying on the couch watching a movie. He gently rubbed my side where he knew the new kidney was.

Shawn: "did you take your meds today?" He asked casually, his eyes not leaving the screen.

Alexa: "of course, did you?"

Shawn: "yea" he nodded.

I waited a couple of minutes before finally  building up enough courage to ask what I've been wanting to since the moment he got home. The only thing stopping me was that I wasn't sure if I actually wanted to know the answer.

Shawn: "love, what's on your mind?" He asked turning down the volume of the television and looking down at me.

My head was rested on his chest. I looked up into his warm, brown, loving eyes.

Alexa: "what happened tonight? Did h-he-" I stuttered

Shawn: "yes" he said, gently running is thumb down my cheek. "He's been taken to a juvenile detention center on charges of assault, rape, and instability."

Alexa: "r-r-rape?" I could barely even bring myself to say that word. "W-who?" I choked out.

Shawn: "a girl named Sommer Vules from Vancouver. She came forward last month apparently."

Alexa: "oh my god" I said beginning to tear up, covering my mouth with my hand.

Shawn: "I know, it's disgusting"

Oh my god. He RAPED a girl? He was a demon and he definitely tried to do it to me back in those awful days that we were together. I wouldn't put it passed him, but that poor girl. That could have been me so many times. So many times he slapped me and beat me for refusing to do what he forced her to.

I sat up straight, wiping my eyes with my sleeve.

I slowly stood up, holding my temples to calm my spinning headache. I walked over to the kitchen for a glass of water.

I was putting my cup in the sink when I felt two large, warm hands wrap around my waist.

Shawn: "I love you" he whispered in my ear before planting little kisses on my neck.

I turned around, cupped his face with my hands and placed my lips on his. Whenever I'm with him, I feel like we're the only to people in the world. I feel safe, and I know that I can get through anything with him beside me.

I love him. I love him with my entire heart and soul. Nobody could ever compare to him, and nobody could ever make me feel the way that he does. Nobody knows my mind, my body, and my soul the way that he does, and nobody cares about me as much as he does.

He is the only one who's never left me, hurt me, or lied to me. He is my world.

Alexa: "I love you so much" I whispered as a single tear rolled down my cheek.

Shawn: "why are you crying?" He asked softy, tilting his head, and wiping my tear with his thumb.

Alexa: "I was broken in every which way. Literally broken physically, and emotionally scarred. You were there when no one else was."

"I was broken Shawn, and you came into my life and fixed me"

The End

Thank you guys soooooo much for joining me on this journey. I wasn't initially planning on ending this story now, but I have so many new ideas for you guys, and I felt as though this was a good place to stop. There is possibility of a sequel, but as of right now I am excited to work on some new projects! Your support means the world, all 300+ of you! Thank you!!❤️❤️❤️❤️

If you want to keep up with me on my socials, my Instagram is @1d.mendes_updates
and my Twitter is @OneDirecShawn98
Love you guys! -ShawnsDirectionxx
❣️❣️❣️