Seven

Shawn's POV:

There she was. Even in gym clothes she is gorgeous. Lately I haven't been able to get her out of my mind. Is it weird if I ask her out, considering how close we are? Or is that all the more reason to do so?

You know what, that's it. She broke up with Damien over a month ago, she's happy, our friendship is better and more open than ever, I might as well. All I know is that if someone else asks her out, I am going to beat myself up about not doing it first every single day.

Okay. It's decided. After practice, I am going to ask Alexa out on a date.

***

Alexa's POV:

That practice was probably the hardest of the season. We were all sweating buckets, and I couldn't wait to go home and take a shower. Thank god it's Friday, it'll take me the whole weekend to work off how sore I'm gonna be, and to regain feeling in my legs.

I was putting my gym shoes back in my locker when Shawn approached me.

Shawn: "H-hi Ally"

Alexa: "Hi Shawn, what's wrong?"

Shawn: "wrong? Why do you think something's wrong?"

Alexa: "I don't know, you just look nervous. Am I wrong?"

Shawn: "n-no you're right. Ally I need advice."

Alexa: "okay, what's going on?"

Shawn: "there is this girl I really like, and I want to ask her out, but I'm worried she'll reject me cause we're like best friends, and she might think it's weird, or she might not see me in that way..."

Alexa: "dude, you'll never know if you don't try. I say just go for it. Go find her right now and ask her out. Every second is another second closer to her finding someone else."

Shawn: "okay, so I should do it right now?"

Alexa: "yes, go!"

Shawn: "Okay, um Alexa, will you go on a date with me?"

Alexa: "It's about time you asked you weirdo!"

I laughed and went in for a hug.

Shawn: "okay, so I'll pick you up at 8?"

Alexa: "yeah, I'll see you then."

And with that, I walked out of the locker room, unable to contain the smile that was bursting across my face.